Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems bringing up P650

Hi folks,

I am assembling a new computer for photo processing with a Matrox 650 dual display controller. I'm bringing up the system, but the VESA support on the Matrox isn't working right.

When the motherboard boots and goes through POST the display is scrambled like the display width is wrong (rock solid sync though) then when the boot sequence shows alpha messages the display is fine. Since there is no OS installed onto the HDD yet, the BIOS drops into edit mode. At that point the display scrambles again and I'm stuck. I need to make changes in the BIOS before I can install the OS.

Has anyone run across this sort of problem? Any ideas? I've tried the Matrox board but their response was less than helpful.

Thanks,
    Chip

Chip, can you post us some more system specs. IE mobo, cpu etc
    Thanks
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Seen it so far on three computers. It can be fixed by running a windows util that you can download from Matrox. I was lucky to be able to install windows from a CD (BIOS default would boot to CD) and then I could "Fix" the matrox card then set the BIOS.

Comment

That did the trick, Zepp. Thanks!

FWIW, mobo is ASUS P4C800. Process was to substitute another display card to set up the BIOS and load the OS. Once the OS was installed, swap back to P650 and update the Matrox bios (was already current version) and run SystemLogoFix.exe.

Great to have access to the BIOS without swapping display cards!

Thanks folks.
        - Chip

Comment

Working...
        X