Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xvid encoding artifacts?

Hi!
    I have a problem with some footage transfered through a minidv camera from a vhs-c camera.
    So, i did the firewire transfer, and now i have a file with interlacing artifacts, with which i have multiple processing options.
    However, for a test i splited about 5 minutes and did a simple field blend with virtualdub, followed by i 1500 kbps xvid constant bitrate encoding.
    The initial file is pretty clear, and so the vdub preview with blend deinterlacing. However, the resulting file, even at this high bitrate has many rectangular like artifacts.
    I also tried to encode to mjpeg at medium quality and the results where much better.
    Any ideas?
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

Well, i was trying to get some bad vhs footage to cd size for archiving.
      However, i managed to fix the issues by using 2 pass encoding.
      Now is fine.
      Thanks anyway.

Adrian
      1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
      WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Working...
      X