Creative buys Sensaura :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative buys Sensaura :(

Creative has bought Sensaura, maker of the only competitive 3D sound codec, which is used by the whole competition.

I see another quasi-monopoly building up.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Good. Sensaura's codec sucked ass.

I know, it's an unpopular position to take. But you have to remember that I'm a victim of the Santa Cruz debacle, where NONE of my 3D sounds worked in ANY game from Bioware, and they NEVER fixed it and just blamed it on Sensaura for the better part of 2 years.

So Sensaura can suck my nuts. Maybe their shitty code will cause Creative to die a horrible death, and kill two birds with one stone.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

That would be great, but I'd prefer being able to get a soundcard from someone that's NOT creative, and rather with a mediocre 3d codec I don't have to use than without one. And not because I need 3d sounds (I'll take 2 good speakers or a good headphone over 5 poor speakers any day, and I can't afford 5.1 good speakers), but because it's a selling point that helps keep the competition alive. There won't be much market between on-board sound that's getting more and more feature-rich and creative, except for musicians. Oh well, I've bought musicians' sound cards since '97, so I think I'll just stick to that.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        Good. Sensaura's codec sucked ass.

I know, it's an unpopular position to take. But you have to remember that I'm a victim of the Santa Cruz debacle, where NONE of my 3D sounds worked in ANY game from Bioware.

- Gurm
        Of course this depends on giving a rip about 3D sounds and/or Bioware in the first place, which I and many other people don't.

Not to mention that when I have a problem with the software products from just ONE manufacturer the hardware is the last place that gets the blame.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The problem with the Santa Cruz is that Turtle Beach didn't feel like investing the resources to actually update the Sensaura build.

I see this turn of events as absolutely horrible.

Well, guess it is time to hope for QSound to make a go at it...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

You still remember that nVIDIA got Aureal's engineers and it was probably thanks to them that nforce chipsets have the best onboard sound ever. Who knows, nVIDIA might give Creative a run for their money. At least I hope so.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
            X