G450 and OpenGL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 and OpenGL games

Ok, so I've read through a ton of posts, I've read more and more than I can stand.

I have a 16MB G450 and it can play OpenGL games but it's using the Microsoft OpenGL driver.

I've tried the 5.82 drivers and the latest ones, tried the tweaks, tried the hacks, etc etc. Q3A still runs only with the Microsoft OpenGL driver.

Am I doing something wrong or will someone tell me that I've missed something stupid like "that card doesn't have T&L on it so you can't play Q3..."

br0adband

Are you using an AGP or PCI G450? Is your motherboard based on an Intel chipset?

Comment

Yep, G450 AGP 16MB on an Intel 440BX chipset motherboard. MatroxTweak shows it's active in AGP 2X mode, and OpenGL *is* working, it's just not working with the Matrox driver in Quake 1/2/3.

Thanks,
      br0adband

Comment

Have you tried to place a copy of the Matrox opengl.dll in the Quake3 folder?

Have you renamed the Microsoft opengl.dll file to like opengl_ms.dll and replace it with the Matrox opengl.dll?

Also, after making those changes, reboot and THEN try Quake3.

Hope that helps!
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Well there is no Matrox opengl.dll or opengl32.dll file. The Matrox version is called "g400.dll" and since I'm running XP I can't just delete/rename/move the original opengl32.dll file since it's protect by Windows File Protection.

I would think that by just installing the Matrox drivers I'd be all set and ready to play the game. Evidently this isn't the case.

br0adband

Comment

Working...
          X