Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For weapon lovers: m16 vs ak47

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

I still like (and miss) my old M1 Garand tho the M16 felt like a toy when i got ahold of one

someday i'll add a rifle back into the collection
    maybe an M1A
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I had no experience with M16 (had experience with AK-47 in the army), so I cannot judge.

As for the criticism of AK-47 security mechanism:

The security system has 3 positions:
      top - locked
      middle - automatic
      bottom - semiautomatic

The system was criticized since the click would give away the ambush when they would unlock the weapons.

I can personally attest, that if you're careful, you can unlock the AK-47 silently.

Comment

Question for USA citizens:

Is it possible to come to USA as a tourist and take a test drive of automatic M16 at a shooting range?

Comment

In some specialize gun ranges that rent weapons, yes.

At one in Texas I once had a crack at a Thompson submachine gun (like those used in The Untouchables), which could a real crazy ride since it was .45 caliber, could be armed with a drum magazine and could fire at 600-1200 rounds/minute depending on version.

IMO at close range, and especially in brush, the Thompson makes the M-16 and AK-47 look like a pea shooter.

These places are similar in concept and the first even lets you rent flame throwers for a spin;

As for myself I get a huge kick (LITERALLY!!) out of shooting my 50 caliber Hawken buffalo rifle;

Kills on one end & maimes on the other

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 December 2003, 07:36.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't know anything about these things myself, but a very good friend of mine who recently did his military service made a quick comparison between the M-16 and the AK-5, and he considered the AK-5 a far better weapon.

Comment

Link

Comment

Working...
              X