IE6 not rembering form entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE6 not rembering form entries

Rebuilt my system in the last week after my new hardware arrived but now IE is not rembering any form entries, it still guesses at urls so part of it is working, anyone know how to turn this back on?

Going to give Opera a try soon to see if that works.
    Last edited by dbdg; 4 December 2003, 15:03.

how about internet options>content>autocomplete then check the necessary!

Comment

Autocompleting in Opera works different. Opera keeps form entries when using back/forward, but it only autocompletes from your "personal informations" and "notes".

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thats where is was, cheers ayoub_ibrahim, for some reason forms was unchecked, don't know why, never happened before.

Az do you mean it only remembers form entries for the session, so if you went to say google another day it wouldn't have a list of everything you had entered previously, a feature I really really need for the admin on my site.

Comment

Say you were typing a message at MURC and then accidentally clicked a link. You could go back and the text you typed would still be there.

It also has a password manager, so can remember passwords if you want (just hit ctrl+enter and you'll log in).

But it does not have autocomplete for fields. You can, however, save phrases you use often as "notes" (or enter them into your "personal information", such as your e-mail addresses, etc.), and it will autocomplete using these as sources. So say you have a not that says "be home early today" and you type "be h" into a checkbox, an autocomplete dropdown menu would suggest "be home early today". So if it's just for a few phrases you need often, you can simply store them as notes. (hope my explanation isn't too confusing)

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
          X