Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have just discovered an incredible computer tweak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just discovered an incredible computer tweak!

All I did was replace the cheap plastic power and reset buttons with the knobs shown on the bottom of this page and I was able to overclock my computer much more than before! I then replaced all the buttons on my monitor and was amazed at the improvement! It was difficult, but I even managed to replace the little "standby" button on my cable modem and have noticed that streaming audio sounds much clearer and detailed! My printer is printing much more crisp and clear after replacing it's buttons, and you don't even want to know how precise my mouse is with it's new buttons.

the type of material used for the buttons plays a crucial role in the sonic result
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 3 December 2003, 17:39.

Wow... what a discovery!.. I too will have to get those buttons!
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

then you haven't heard of that acoustic red vinyl for speaker wires, or special aerodynamic enhancing appliques for automobiles, or.........

you have much to learn gr****opper
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I have, but special "audiophile" knobs just sound funny.

Comment

I've found huge improvements to Processor speed and Memory bandwidth by spraying the interior of my cases with expanding foam (Insulation gap filler): It turns out that the foam breaks up standing waves that interfere with the Processor and Memory Clock Generators.

You should try it.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I bet the pressure exterted on the heatsink as the foam expands would also reduce thermal resistance of the sink-cpu junction... you might just be on to something!

Comment

No Doubt, and to boot, the case floats with all peripherals installed! So, if I were ever to be caught in a flash flood while working at my computer, it could actually save my life!

Truly.
              Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Frequency Response: 10 Hz . 300kHz +/- 0.5dB
                Wow! That must be really difficult. Those beechwood knobs are great! And only up to $8,400 for this affordable marvel, into the bargain.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

just made the mistake of buying a big "audio review" mag (the "stereoplay")... they review a speaker cable with specially handcrafted ends to achieve correct timing - so no more trailing bass, yours for only 8000 Euros!

But the best was the review of different power plugs and frame connectors... some sounded deeper, while others were more analytic or painted a much wider stage or whatever... and I really believe that paying hundreds of Euros to alter the last meter after kilometers of plain old copper wire makes my AC that much better that it just HAS to sound better. But really, this made almost as much difference than demagnetizing my CDs! (And yes, in another review mag, they reviewed a Furutech CD-Demagnetizer for a few hundred Euros and said it was great, despite neither they themselves nor the manufacturer could tell HOW or WHY it worked, since CDs don't contain any ferromagnetic materials).

AZ

P.S.: My Spreadsheets have much cleaner and more defined sums now that I have replaced my power cord with a gold plated one with silver leads, and multiplications paint far more realistic picture now. Zeroes have exact "punch" and no muddiness to them, while high numbers have tremendously better resolution!
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

az

Find a Furutech director who wears a pacemaker, get him to hold a CD demagnetiser to his upper thorax and switch on. The sound he makes as he expires will be much cleaner, with attenuated bass
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I've fuond that even a small, rear mounted spoiler on the back of the computer will increase performance drastically.
                      In fact, it will even score over 1000 on aquamark with the power off!!!!
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

GT, if you add raceing stripes to the side you can get a 50% increase in those powered off benches.
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                        X