Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft DV driver screwed up...

Help!

I've been using Premiere 6.5, ADSTech Firewire card and a Canopus ADVC-100 to capture VHS to my computer for quite a while now, and everything was working great. For really long captures, I use Scenalyzer.

But now when I try to capture (I capture without starting a project), I cannot hear any audio. However, the captured portion does have an audio track, and it's just fine. Scenalyzer, on the other hand playsback the audio and video just perfect during capture, and the captured clips are OK as well.

If I try to start a new project in Premiere, I get a message like, "Premiere cannot connect to the MS DV driver...blah, blah, please re-install the MS driver". I tried that by re-installing DirectX9 (I think that's where the driver is found)

Any ideas?

Jerry, there's a "Desktop Video" section of the MURC forums. You'll get a much better response over there.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

This is a bizarre little world, the 1394 world.

See, in a perfect world you'd plug in the firewire device, and Windows would go "oh that's a such-and-such device" and just work, kinda like if you plugged the device into USB or a PCI slot.

But it's NOT a perfect world. And hence there are "Microsoft DV Drivers". In fact, for quite a while you couldn't use Premiere at ALL with "cheaper" 1394 cards, because they used "Microsoft DV Type 1" instead of "Microsoft DV Type 2".

Ouch.

How do you fix it? Dunno, I wouldn't wish to be you in this situation.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
      X