VIA: Another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA: Another one bites the dust.

My A7V133 just died on me, right after I slapped an AMD 2100+ in it. Bought the CPU used from a friend and stuck in my system and got nothing but BSOD's with XP. So I stuck my old CPU back in and the situation was worse. Thinking it was XP, I formated. And guess what? More BSOD's during the install.

So I tried my CPU in my roomates system and it runs great, guess my board died on me, piece of shit. It's frustrating cause EVERYTHING I own is breaking down, and I really don't want to spend my money on buying new computer parts, but I guess I have no choice.

Off Topic:
    The "Low Oil Pressure" and "High Oil Temp" lights comes on intermittently on my car now, coincedentally right after I changed my oil. Stupid broken sensor, can't you see that there's plenty of oil and that the engine hasn't heated up yet? Stupid car.

Oh yeah, and I just caught a cold. So the car's sensors died the day before yesterday, my board died yesterday, and today I wake up with a cold, yipee.

-ZokesPro (using Taz-Matt's computer cause mine sucks, obviously)
    Why SysAdmins like Unix?
    unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.

Have you checked the memory?? Get hold of memtest and run that. Also pull out any additional hardware as that maybe fubarring things up as well.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Are you sure that board supports an XP2100+?

Do you know which core it has, Palamino, Thoroughbred A or Thoroughbred B?

Is it using the latest BIOS?
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Has latest bios (1009) and I did run extensive tests on my ram (simmtester, still have the diskette from the last time my ram failed on me, twas the very first test I ran).

Besides, I hate my A7V133 and am just looking for an excuse to replace it.

Palomino core, btw. Voltages and settings in bios for board were fine.

I also have to mention that the chipset fan is pretty much dead and the heatsink was FULL of dust, so I think the chipset overheated and caused the failure.
        Why SysAdmins like Unix?
        unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.

Comment

Well you could have said so.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Oops, sorry.

I got my new board, an ECS K7S5A Pro. With an SiS 735 chipset, woohoo! No more random crashes, yay!
            Why SysAdmins like Unix?

Comment

Re: VIA: Another one bites the dust.

Originally posted by Taz-Matt
              -ZokesPro (using Taz-Matt's computer cause mine sucks, obviously)
              Perhaps it would have been alive if introduced to the ultimate sucking machine: a vacuumcleaner

the Title is also really apropriate

VIA: Another one bites the dust.
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Re: Re: VIA: Another one bites the dust.

Originally posted by Technoid
                Perhaps it would have been alive if introduced to the ultimate sucking machine: a vacuumcleaner

the Title is also really apropriate
                I often dis-assemble it to give it a full clean up, but there wasn't that much dust anywhere else which I found odd.

Either way, I have a new board now, no more VIA.
                Why SysAdmins like Unix?

Comment

Welcome to the stable world of SiS where PCI is a bus, not an adventure
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

ACK no

vacuum cleaners are bad for computers.

1) They can easily overspin and damage fans.
                    2) They generate enormous amounts of static electricity.
                    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

No, not the little battery-powered computer vacuums.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by rugger
                        ACK no

vacuum cleaners are bad for computers.
                        Depends on what kind of vacuumcleaner and who is operating them

1) They can easily overspin and damage fans.
                        Yup, if the one doing the vacuuming IS STUPID enough to do that

2) They generate enormous amounts of static electricity.
                        So what?

That can be easily grounded out in the same way as you do it to yourself when you are about to handle electronics
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Common sense must be used when cleaning fans... use an old tooth brush/small paint brush to clean the impeller blades. Personally I disassemble and manually scrub.

As for static, in dry climates it can be a serious issue.. which is what I think is why rugger has had issue with previously, but there are electronics grade vacs designed to deal with the static issue. The small ones Wombat mentions are little hand helds that work a peach.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ah, well, as long as you use the right vacuum cleaner, I guess its ok.
                            80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Taz-Matt
                              Oops, sorry.

I got my new board, an ECS K7S5A Pro. With an SiS 735 chipset, woohoo! No more random crashes, yay!
                              I have one of those in the wifes crafting system (she does patterns, scrapbooking etc. on it). Stable as HELL with gobs of bandwidth, which is good given she has both a tabloid scanner and printer plus a Marvel in it.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                              X