A/V sync problems with new DC30 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/V sync problems with new DC30 pro

I recently installed my newish (never used but left sitting in the box since April) Pinnacle Miro DC30 pro that is meant to replace the aging Marvel G200-TV I used to edit on. The Marvel card had been pulled out a few months back to be replaced with a G400 Vanilla 32MB card that I have been reasonably happy with. This past weekend I yanked my Sound Blaster Live Value out and finally popped in the DC30. After installing Premiere and the latest drivers I thought I would load up and play around with some Quicktime and AVI files I had sitting on my video drive.
    My AVI wouldn't work at all (oops, forgot they were encoded with the Matrox codec). Then I got to my MOV files and that's where thing got screwy. When I played the files the Audio led the video by a good 1 to 2 seconds. Just to double check it wasn't a Premiere problem I shut it down and tried to play the files in Quicktime alone. The problem persisted. Just to see what would happen with non-video related audio I loaded up a game, Nocturne, to see how it performed. In the game the audio lagged behind associated actions by a second or two, where I had had no problem before with the SBLive card installed. I haven't tried a DVD yet to see if it has a similar problem, but I exspect there would be.
    Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? I didn't really expect good gaming with the DC30, but the Quicktime performance worries me. Now, I didn't reinstall Windows 98 after the install, which might have something to do with it. The problem with that is I plan on building a new, dedicated gaming system next month, reformating the current machine for dedicated video work, so I wanted to avoid reformating until then. Anyway, I will probably yank the DC30 out a put the Live back in for the moment unless I can solve the issue. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'll be reconfiguring the system back to its old state Friday night if I can't figure out how to fix it.
    Thanks ofr any ideas!
    NotEd
    If you had a infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters one of them would eventually become head of Tech Support.

Abit BE6-II v1.1
    Intel Celeron 566@850
    Matrox G400 OEM 32MB DH
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Maxtor 5.7 GB IDE Ultra33 System Drive
    Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-ROM
    Promise Ultra 66 with-
    Maxtor 30 GB Ultra66 Video drive
    Yamaha CDRW6416
    Adaptec 2940 U2W
    Windows 2000 SP2
    Generic LS-120 drive, Teac 3.5" Floppy

Oops, forgot the system config info:
    Celeron 566 (running at both 566 and overclocked to 850)
    ABIT BE6-II rev 1.1 motherboard
    256 MB CL2 RAM (2x128 MB SDRAM)
    Matrox G400 32MB oem DH (Non-Max) VGA
    Pinnacle Miro DC30 Pro (PCI Slot 4)
    Drives:
    IDE:
    Maxtor 5.6GB System Drive (Master Primary Standard IDE)
    Hitachi GD-2500 DVD (Master Secondary Standard IDE)
    Generic LS-120 (Slave Secondary IDE)
    Maxtor 30GB Ata/66 (Master Highpoint 66 Primary)
    SCSI (Adaptec 2940 U2W Controller in PCI Slot 2):
    Seagate Cheetah 10GB (LVD/SE ID 0)
    IBM Deskstar 9 GB (ID1)
    Yamaha CDRW6416 (Ultra SCSI (ID 2)
    Windows 98

If you had a infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters one of them would eventually become head of Tech Support.

Abit BE6-II v1.1
    Intel Celeron 566@850
    Matrox G400 OEM 32MB DH
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Maxtor 5.7 GB IDE Ultra33 System Drive
    Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-ROM
    Promise Ultra 66 with-
    Maxtor 30 GB Ultra66 Video drive
    Yamaha CDRW6416
    Adaptec 2940 U2W
    Windows 2000 SP2
    Generic LS-120 drive, Teac 3.5" Floppy

Comment

check here for possible solutions:
      http://www.pinnaclesys.com/support/f...d=710&lge_id=1

Have you checked device manager for conflicts? Try to find all the most current drivers for all your hardware. Failing that, a clean re-install of windows never hurts as long as your data is backed up.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X