Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookies in Opera 7.23

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my Opera 7 and like to remove the cookies manually. Anybody know where Opera keeps them ?
    (and I'm looking at az.... )

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

They are stored in the file "cookies4.dat" in your opera preferences directory (either the directory you installed opera in, or, if you installed for multiple accounts, usually in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Opera\profile\). You can find out where your preferences directory is by typing opera:about in the address bar (or clicking help -> about opera in the main menu).

You can also delete (or manage) all your cookies (and other data) from within Opera, by clicking on File -> Delete Private Data.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks!

This morning I asked Sasq some questions, as I couldn't log on to MURC. He susptect a stuck cookie, so deleting from within Opera didn't work.
      And I couldn't find the folder, but it just hit me: it is a brand new installation, and it was set by default not to show hidden folders...

But it still doesn't work from inside Opera...
      I can log on, but the system immediatly seems to forget I was logged on; as a result I cannot post...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Does it work with IE?

AZ

Comment

Yes he can access the forums from IE
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hmm, OK, stupid questions:

preferences -> Privacy

Is "enable cookies" checked? Have you maybe selected "refuse all without question"? Enabled referrer logging? (though I don't think this is necessary for the board)

You could also always try to reinstall Opera (just install over itself, or, if this doesn't help, uninstall, then install again).

If all this doesn't help, there are various support options as well

AZ

Comment

I found it!
              Cookies are enabled; but third party cookies were set to "accept only cookies set to the server". Changing that latter option solved the issue...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X