Marvel G400 ”native” drivers in XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 ”native” drivers in XP?

After some problems with different PD (5.39, 5.82 and 5.91) in combination with VT 3.03 and 3.04 I decided to make a test with a clean installation of WinXP Pro, including format C:
    At this point WinXP installs the “native” Matrox G400 drivers.
    I thought these drivers allow some dual monitor or desktop extension, cloning the monitor to TV etc. But, there are no such settings, only the primary display.
    I don’t remember, but I have the feeling that it worked for the first time, when I went from W2K to XP. (Than I’ve had problems to uninstall the XP drivers)
    Am I wrong, the XP doesn’t allow this extensions or WDM capture?
    Or, have the different PD installation changed the Marvel HW or BIOS? Is my Marvel G400 faulty?
    At the moment I am back with the working PD 5.82 and VT3.04 (Ghosted back after the clean XP install.), but I am curious about the Matrox G400 XP drivers capability.
    Any ideas please?

Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Well, as you probably know, the same isues that applies with win2k, are here with win xp .
    So, you can install any powerdesk for win 2k, it will work well with win xp, but for capture ... the story gets ugly.
    As far as i now there are only wfv drivers, so you can use avi_io and stuff ...
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Yes, installing PD is not a major problem.
      In my question I meant the Windows XP "native" drivers which installs automatically when Win XP installs and recognize the Matrox card without any Matrox or manipulated PD.
      Probably this XP-drivers are not for the Marvel, but most for Matrox Millenium series.
      Anyway, these native, WinXP, Micro$oft, drivers should allowe some kind of dual output, desktop-clone etc. without any power desk installed.
      Am I wrong? Am I missing something? Is my card faulty?

My clean WinXP newinstallation gives me no choice for other displays. Why?

Installing a PCI capture card for analog video should resolv the capture problem but the question is still there: Does the Microsoft "native" WinXP drivers allow some kind of "dual" display?

My question is more hypotetical, because I don't want to use these M$ drivers. I am just curious.

Fred H
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

The far as i know the answer is no. The dual display is only accesible using the pd.
        1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
        WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Working...
        X