DVD Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Decisions

Ok, so I went out for Black Friday (super shopping sale day in america), and I got myself a Pacific Digital 4x DVD burner for $80 or so. I could only find one legit review for it (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1319565,00.asp), and it looks decent.

Didn't know if anyone knew any more about these or had any experience with them or not.

Also, I currently have a Pioneer DVD ROM in my machine and didn't know if I should pull it out and replace it with this burner, or if I should run both drives.

why remove the DVD? you could do disc-to-disc...

Comment

u should run both drives, on the same IDE channel

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
        why remove the DVD? you could do disc-to-disc...
        Because my case is ugly and cluttered with 3 drives in it. :-) I may keep both though, like Chrono said.

Comment

Yeah, rip with the old one, and save your burner's laser.
          You did what?

Comment

Cool, ok. So does anyone know anything about the burner?

Comment

Bump

Comment

I prefer just using my DVD burner(liteon 411s), as it is far better at reading CD's/DVD than my old one, which has a new home in my other machine.

The burner has 2 year warranty , so if the laser dies before then I get a new one, and if it dies after 2 years...so what I 'll want a new dual layer one by then anyway

I guess it really depends on how good your DVD rom is...but for me my old creative (rebadged samsung) 5.2 speed was getting way to long in the tooth.

Comment

Well, I guarantee you it's not made by Pacific Digital. Ask over at:

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                  X