Norton is blocking my Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton is blocking my Internet

Norton Internet security is not accepting any internet access anymore, opera says there is a network problem, IE cant connect either. When I deactivate Norton Firewall, it works. Both programs are allowed internet access by Norton.

Anyone know what settings might cause that?

I had a similar problem with ZoneAlarm some days ago. It said that there is a security problem and blocked my internet connection.
    Hm, strange...
    A system reboot solved the problem.
    Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

You should check the firewall rules.
      Open the Firewall menu than choose "personal firewall" click Konfigurieren--->Erweitert--->allgemeine Regeln
      Now check if there are any rules wich block ALL connections.
      I had this once,maybe it is a bug or somekind of hack.I dont know.
      Early versions of Norton IS had some security issues when using LiveUpdate.
      Wich Version are you using?
      ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

RTFM
        Presuming you're not ising a LAN and you haven't been playing with the rules it's likely that your connection mac address isn't on the trusted listed. I'm at work now but if you're having problems still post back.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Make sure you haven't blocked svchost.exe (Generic Host Process) or ccApp.exe (Norton's Common Client CC App pos, needed by either antivirus or firewall) from accessing the Internet.

Comment

Have seen this problem on lots of difrent computers with NIS
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Run the home networking wizard again from personal firewall settings and make sure it detects your network adaptor.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The strange thing is: emule still works without a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                  Make sure you haven't blocked svchost.exe (Generic Host Process) or ccApp.exe (Norton's Common Client CC App pos, needed by either antivirus or firewall) from accessing the Internet.

It was the generic host process, which NIS configured automatically (smart program )

I only checked the options for IE and opera before, its working now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X