WTF Dual processor plus other probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Dual processor plus other probs

Now what does the bios screen mean when it says no update data for processor one????

The machine no longer connects to the internet via IE and the problem occured either after updating mcafee virus checker, the update failed to update the engine or Novell client install.

Sadly I can't uninstall either of these and neither can I get into the networking group. Both cases the machine hangs.

Strangly I can FTP from dos and release and renew the ip address.

Other things that seemed to go alright was the XP sp1 and the nachi patch followed by the removal of Nachi.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The Bios problem is due to the processors not being the same step version. Whether this will cause problems or not is another matter.
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Now what does the bios screen mean when it says no update data for processor one????
      I am not sure but for intel you get microcode updates in your bios that are used to update the CPU, I was not aware of AMD doing this but it is possible?

eg CPU 0 is older and has microcode update, whereas CPU 1 is new and is already running the new microcode?.

Thats my *theory*

If you are runnig novell its probably worth instaling the latest cleint from novell, you can see novell thingies on your network?

Comment

What motherboard is this? Sounds like yopu need a new MULoader update.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

It seems it's the latest Novell thats fubarred the system.

Anyway it's up to the user to talk the supplier about the stepping problem. Can't blame me for that.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

solved the other problems.

The problem was Mcafee 7. Told user to contact the supplier over the stepping issue.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X