What capture card to buy? Please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What capture card to buy? Please help me

Could you please help me on which capure card I should buy?

I am currently thinking of getting the RRG series card for my computer since I have a G400 Max card.

But if you know any other good capture card for around 200 dollars, could you please tell me?

The main purpose is to capture tv shows, either from tv or from tapes, and then output them as vcd or svcd.

I would like an card that can capture in good quality, and yet the video should be easy and fast to encode to mpg.

One disadvantage with the RRG series is that I would be stuck with my G400 max card, or another supported matrox card if I in the future want to uppgrade my system. So i that aspect it would be much better with another capture card than a matrox one.

My computer is not the best one for video editing, but I still want to do it.

I´m currently using a

Intel Celeron 433 Mhz
    Abit Be6v2
    128 mb pc 100 ram
    Ibm 20,5 Gb 7200 rpm Udma66
    Soundblaster sound card. ( I don not know more, but I´m buying a new one soon?
    Matrox G400 Max
    Win 2000 Pro

And a fly video 98 card thats deos not work good at all... crapy..

I know about the drivers isue witn win2k, so I problebly must run a dual bot system, like win2k and win 98.

I have just orderd more ram so I´ll end upp with 256 mb of ram, so I think that should be ok.

And I going to uppgrade the cpu sometime in January to at least a PIII 800 mhz.

So with the this info given, what do you recomend? Any suggestions are highly apresiated..

Sorry for my bad english..

------------------
    // 9110 *-(Kristoffer)-*
    // 9110 *-(Kristoffer)-*

Why can I not get any help here?

hello??

anyone here??
    // 9110 *-(Kristoffer)-*

Comment

Matrox has nothing to offer for video on windows 2000.

I'd start with a cheap win/TV from Hauppauge
      to learn a bit while waiting for some dust to settle. The drivers work well, spend $25 for AVI_IO to capture with and you can start up the learning curve for about $100.

Other than that the Dazzle DVC creator II (~$300)is a hardware based MPEG2 capture board based on the C-Cube DVexplore chip. Its supposed to do a good job when it works although over on the Usenet rec.video.desktop newsgroup there are lots of reports of driver problems -- especially on windows 2000.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
      X