Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 Tv-out: can 4 pin s-video be connected to 7 pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Tv-out: can 4 pin s-video be connected to 7 pin?

Hi,

My question if very simple, but i couldn't find an answer for it here or anywhere else on the net.

Can the standard 4 pin s-video cable be used to connect the TV with the original g400 tv-out cable, which is 7 din?

A moderator at the matrox techforum said he "thought" it should be possible, but i'm not sure. Anyone tried it?

And if it can, why can't the original g450 tv-out cable (which is a 4 pin) be used for the G400? (except for the fact you wouldn't be able to make use of the RGB output then).

Spek

Sure it will work...
    Good luck,
    Peter
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

I just heared from someone who owns one that it indeed does work, BUT you will only have a black&white screen!

A solution is to use the composite part of the cable to, and then you will have colour too.

Now part of why i'm asking this is, is because i have a G450 but wanted to get a G400 instead because of its proclaimed superb tv-out.
      I am not sure whether i'll go through the hassle of making a HD15>scart RGB output cable, so my question now is: will the quality of the G400 tv-out using the above mentioned setup (with the composite&s-video cables) still be better, or just as good as the g450 tv-out with S-video cable only (or perhaps be worse)?

Spek

Comment

Well, I don't know what kind of TV he got, but I'm using a normal 4 pin S-VHS cable for it. If your tv got an S-VHS input connector, you should get color. I'm using a JVC Video recorder for it, so I can also watch a movie in the bedroom TV (through the video channel on the cable)
        It is only black and white when I use it on a converter to SCART. Then you will need the composite cinch to add the color. The output quality is not noticibly worse than using the S-VHS input.
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Aragon
          Well, I don't know what kind of TV he got, but I'm using a normal 4 pin S-VHS cable for it. If your tv got an S-VHS input connector, you should get color. I'm using a JVC Video recorder for it, so I can also watch a movie in the bedroom TV (through the video channel on the cable)
          It is only black and white when I use it on a converter to SCART. Then you will need the composite cinch to add the color. The output quality is not noticibly worse than using the S-VHS input.
          You're right. I've now also heard from someone else it works fine, unless you use a s-shs>scart, where in the scart not all pins are connected.

Thanks dude!

Spek

Comment

Originally posted by Spek
            I just heared from someone who owns one that it indeed does work, BUT you will only have a black&white screen!
            in that case the TV is configured to use FBAS/Composite input only and not set (or maybe not able) to run in S-video mode (Y/C)

reason behind it is that the FBAS/Composite line is the same line that is used for the luminance signal (Y) in an s-video environment and therefore you only get a b/w picture
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
            X