Hey Gurm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Gurm...

Maybe you should link to this in your sig for grins. :-)

I got it from http://www.angelfire.com/sk2/mysound/fmj.htm and ripped it into an mp3.

...Doh, i can't attach MP3's...here's a ZIP.
    Attached Files

Heh.

But why not have the REAL Grum do the speach??

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Who the HELL is this "Grum" person you guys are always on about?
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

some fugly ding dong like you ...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          Who the HELL is this "Grum" person you guys are always on about?
          I did a google image search and THIS is Grum.

Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Lol.

Im not certain about the English meaning of the word "grum", but in danish it translates to something between mean and horrible.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

figures

Comment

Maybe in English the word evolved as "grim."

Comment

DukeP

What does 'minx' (or something sounding like it) mean in Danish?

I remember in the early 60s, the Hillman Minx was quite a popular car in Denmark, but they re-baptised it Sunbird.

Rather like the Rolls-Royce Silver Mist which had to be called something else in German-speaking markets (Mist is manure in German!).
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Also, you Danes wouldn't want to come to an English-speaking country and call a girl a pige, either..

btw, Brian, add to that list the Chevy Nova.. in Spanish, "no va" supposedly means "no go."

Comment

KVhagen, yes, Grim and Grum is very much the same.

Brian, Minx isnt really like any known Danish words....
                      The closest is Mink (which is the dear beloved fur-yielding rodent akin to the ferret).

On the other hand, Minx just doesnt sound very much - ehm good? Its very not_Danish. Might be the reason?

A Sunbird, on the other hand.. Ahh, thats a good name for a car. In Denmark we have a legendary drawing/rune of a suncar - might make good vibrations in Danes!

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Wasn't "Mink" the name of the Pet of that one guy from Baldurs' Gate?
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I think that was Minsk.

Comment

Aaahhh, yes, ty.
                            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well, in English, the word "minx" is defined as a slutty woman, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X