Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solla, Passau, Germany.

Who lives near there?
    I'm coming to Solla on January 2004, and maybe I'll need a bit of informations before...
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

what do you want to do in passau (bavaria)? iirc there is not much going on over there...

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Elefantentreffen!

Comment

one recommendation: german police does not like foreign drivers. remember the speed limits.

same thing with austria.

why do people organise a motorbike-meeting in JANUARY?

mfg
        wulfman
        "Lobsters?"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman
            one recommendation: german police does not like foreign drivers. remember the speed limits.
            I knew that there is no speed limit in Germany...

why do people organise a motorbike-meeting in JANUARY?
            It's a tradition. 2004 will see the 48th edition.

And, after all, it's easy to love motorcycle in summer. Doing a motorrad in January/February, in the cold Germany, on the snow, sleeping in tent...that's being a true motorcyclist!

Comment

There is no speed limits on SOME Autobahnen, but on many there is. In cities, it's 50. But you'll be in a group, so just drive however fast the others are driving

Have fun!

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                There is no speed limits on SOME Autobahnen, but on many there is. In cities, it's 50. But you'll be in a group, so just drive however fast the others are driving

Have fun!

AZ
                Heheheh very true...I was in bad car wreck in a friend's car of while stationed in Germany and they put a speed limit sign up a few weeks later on Autobahn 6 Inbetween Baumholder and Ramstein.
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Max Speed: 224km/h
                  Vehicle: Mercedes Benz S430 CDI

That waz ages ago...all I remember was my mum sleeping in the passenger seat, my dad listening to Rammstein and me eating Butterkaeckse
                  I love S-Class!!!

Comment

Max Speed: 230 km/h
                    Vehicle: Yamaha Fazer 600

That was three years ago...all I remember is my girlfriend sleeping on the passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by az

Have fun!

AZ
                      Group? Who spoke about group? I'll do the travel alone, as my group think it's necessary to first do a year of training before trying to do something like that.

So, what are speed limits in Austria and Germany? Are they in KM/H?
                      And...are there in Austria and Germany road signals telling what are the speed limits, aren't they?

Comment

austria: km/h, usually there are signs.

if you find nothing:
                        autobahn: 130km/h
                        bundesstraße: 100 km/h
                        city: 50 km/h (be careful, there are some cities who don't allow bikers to pass through - mainly health resorts.

I highly doubt you can go that fast on a motorbike in january if you cross salzburg/tirol...

mfg
                        wulfman
                        "Lobsters?"

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh

Vehicle: Mercedes Benz S430 CDI
                          We had one of these as replacement while our S55 was repaired. While it IS a nice car, I was quite surprised about the amount of fuel it consumed: ~10l/100km at very moderate driving, if I drove like I would drive a non-diesel fuel consumption easily reached 12 liters/100km.

And then our good old (18years) MB 500SE is still faster than the S430CDI...
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

@Indiana!
                            Yep My fathers S-Class is the previous version (also called 'BoxBenz').
                            Consumption was 17L/100km when he put the foot flat on the floor.
                            MB500SE Those things rip the roads up in Australia! You have one of those?????

Comment

Well, it's not the previous version, but the version before the previous one...
                              You know the one that was built in second part of the 80s and in 80s and early 90s action movies is always driven by the bad guys..

(PS: fuel consumption on this MB500SE was ~13l/100km, since it has been equipped with a Catalysator, this unfortunately has increased to ~15l/100km )
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X