VideoTools v3.04+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VideoTools v3.04+

This version of VideoTools is optimized for PowerDesk v5.39.019.
    By installing this tools, PowerDesk will be updated to PowerDesk+
    This will improve PowerDesk performance and look...
    So it's recommended to use PowerDesk version 5.39.019

Visit http://adis.szm.com/2k_xp_tips.html
    to read how to use VideoTools on Windows 2K/XP.

Requirements
    ------------
    - Windows 2000 or Windows XP
    - Marvel G400-TV or Marvel G200-TV or RRG Matrox card

Differences from Matrox's original VideoTools (v2.04.015)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    - Completely new installation with integrated VT Cleaner v2.0
    - Recording and Video Snapshot in PC-VCR possible
    - Hardware MJPEG and Software YUY2/RGB capturing possible
    - Improved Matrox MJPEG Decompressor
    - DualCPU & HyperThreading systems supported
    - Macrovision protection removed
    - Fixed some other bugs

Previous versions
    -----------------
    v3.03 (October 02.2003)
    v3.02 (August 02.2003)
    v3.01
    v3.00
    XP-Update for v2.10.010a
    v2.04.015d
    v2.04.015c
    v2.04.015b
    v2.04.015a

Adis I.

November 19.2003

Where is the rest of the earlier thread with this name?
    I am missing a link from one of Technoids reply there.

I will repeatedly point to that I can’t install VT 3.03 or 3.04 OVER an existing 3.03 installation. 3.03 is almost impossible to uninstall and clean up.
    I strongly suspect that there is the same phenomena as with the change the motherboard or multiple new hardware in Win XP, keeping the old system going. Win XP must be reinstalled/repaired. I’ve read somewhere that the registration checksum can be overflow and a new registration would be necessary in this case.
    I experienced that the installation of VT 3.03 and/or 3.04 tries to install 4 new “unknown” hardwares, with 4 big yellow ?-marks in the Device Manager.
    In the earlier thread someone reported this too.

Now I am back with the last PD 5.82 and VT 3.03 and I can’t see any reason to change it anymore, except a new installation of Win XP.
    Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

... thanks Adis!!! everything works fine (almost)... my problem with smooth playback of captured (hw) mjpeg videos under XP Pro is solved at last... "almost" is that when I installed PD 5.39 & VT 3.04+ as it was mentioned, there didn't appear matrox codec in list of video codecs... is that ok or it's a new bug?.. although, capturing and playback are enabled... and what must I do if I work with video editing program (for instance Premier 6.0) and need to export video in Matrox Mjpeg format?.. there is no Matrox codec in a list...

... one more question: which utility must be used to enable YUY2 radio button during work with capture applications such as AVI_IO, Vidcap, VirtualDub, etc.?.. I use YUY2W2K.EXE...

... thanks again for good work!

Matrox Mystique G200 & RRG / Windows XP Pro SP1

Comment

Originally posted by Sahib
        ... there didn't appear matrox codec in list of video codecs...
        There is a Matrox2K3 codec...

Originally posted by Sahib
        ...which utility must be used to enable YUY2 radio button during
        work with capture applications such as AVI_IO, Vidcap, VirtualDub, etc.?...
        Im' not sure how it works with RRG...

All tests and improvements was maked
        on my Marvel G400-TV system...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H
          I will repeatedly point to that I can’t install VT 3.03 or 3.04
          OVER an existing 3.03 installation. 3.03 is almost impossible to
          uninstall and clean up.

...I experienced that the installation of VT 3.03 and/or 3.04 tries
          to install 4 new “unknown” hardwares, with 4 big yellow ?-marks
          in the Device Manager.
          Impossible!!!

VT 3.04+ installation works perfect!

It is possible to uninstall all previous versions!
          It is possible to clean VideoTools using VT Cleaner!

Fred H

VideoTools v3.02 (Aug 02. '03.) was downloaded 2020 times (Aug 02-Oct 02)
          VideoTools v3.03 (Oct 02. '03.) was downloaded 1832 times (Oct 02-Nov 19)
          VideoTools v3.04+ (Nov 19 '03) was downloaded 238 times (Nov 19-Nov 23)

You are the only one who have this problems with installation...

Comment

Adis

I got the BSOD again on my machine when I installed VT3.04. In http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...612#post429612 you implied that you knew where the fault with VT3.03 was. Did you fix it in VT3.04 because it still doesn't work.

Fortunately I tried VT3.04 on a test installation from a BINGed image (BING is a cheaper alternative to PartitionMagic/BootMagic/DriveImage) so I didn't lose my main system.

I am willing to help you test out any theories you have on this problem.

Thanks for your efforts anyway. Your work is greatly appreciated by so many people.

Comment

Adis,
              You’re right. I don’t blame you and nor the VT. They are very useful.
              As I said in my earlier replies (disappeared from this thread) it must be some “dirt”, wrong with my system. Not excluded the fact that I tried myself to install web cam drivers with the MSN Messenger and I am not able to find the “shit”.
              I also said in one of my (disappeared) post that PD5.39+ and VT3.04+ installed fine in a clean WinXP. This confirms the system fault in MY PC. I’m just trying to find it, without too much work with a new installation of the system.
              Format and reinstall Windows is a work of slavery. Debugging a wrong system is “art”…

Fred H

Comment

I fixed it...

I fixed it.
                Here comes how:
                1- Uninstalled VT 3.03 via the Control Panel (Important)
                2- Restarted PC
                3- At this point Win XP tried to install (for me) 4 new hardware with the big yellow?-marks.
                4- Uninstalled al of this 4 devices via My Computer-Properties-Hardware etc.
                5- Restarted PC and run VT Cleaner.
                6- Disabled Norton AV 2004 at start-up, disabled ZoneAlarm at start-up and disabled and pulled out my wireless Internet-LAN card.
                7- Restarted PC
                8- Installed VT 3.04---success
                9- Restarted PC and automatically run & setup Quick Connect.
                10- Installed PD 5.39019+ OVER the existing PD 5.82
                11- Restart PC and setup PD

At this point I observed that 5.39 is difficult to switch over from NTSC to PAL.
                After a lot of try it accepted PAL with a WinXP error, but XP got it to PAL.
                I’ll se how this work in Ulead MSP7.0, because in my earlier W2K and MSP 6.5 PD 5.39 switched automatically to NTSC without asking, randomly.
                Generally there is difficult to change settings in 5.39
                I hope my experiences will help others with similar problems.

Fred H
                Last edited by Fred H; 23 November 2003, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by adis
                  Impossible!!!

VT 3.04+ installation works perfect!

It is possible to uninstall all previous versions!
                  It is possible to clean VideoTools using VT Cleaner!

Fred H

VideoTools v3.02 (Aug 02. '03.) was downloaded 2020 times (Aug 02-Oct 02)
                  VideoTools v3.03 (Oct 02. '03.) was downloaded 1832 times (Oct 02-Nov 19)
                  VideoTools v3.04+ (Nov 19 '03) was downloaded 238 times (Nov 19-Nov 23)

You are the only one who have this problems with installation...
                  No, that means that Fred H is the only one that has reported it.

Just because he is the only one reporting it don't mean that nobody else had the same or similar problems.
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think I made multiple errors with installation.
                    The main issue is that I tried to configure the Matrox drivers in MSN Messenger to web cam. I did this with the PD 5.82 and VT 2.04 installed. Every time a new capture device been installed. It showed as a blanc, no-name device in AVI_IO and I was unable to capture with MSP7.0 Video Capture.
                    Adis advised to install VT 3.03 which removes those hidden devices. I am not certain if they were removed but AVI_IO was restored and worked ok.
                    Next time VT 3.03 won’t install any more. After about 15 minutes the device manager showed that the installer works with about 98-99% CPU usage.
                    I tried to install VT 3.04 with the same result. Probably the wrong web cam drivers/hw were not cleaned.
                    Yesterday I tried the steps 1 to 11 as in my post here above.
                    I will point out step 4-.
                    There I manually uninstalled those 4 unknown devices. I suspect that they were installed by MSN Messenger as capture devices for web cam. They probably blocked the VT3.03/3.04 to properly uninstall the previous VT drivers. They are probably not listed in the .inf file and the uninstaller went into a loop.
                    Anyway, I manually uninstalled and cleaned VT and the system, which solved the problem.

I also tried the issue in PD 5.39, mentioned in my replay here above, that PD 5.39 switches automatically from PAL to default NTSC.
                    Yes it is an issue. It is still there.
                    When I edit/render video files with MSP7.0-Video Editor than PD jumps “randomly” to NTSC.
                    It happens when I render a PICVideo file to Matrox 2K3 or vice-versa. It happens sometimes after restarting MSP7.0. In each case MSP7.0 doesn’t display the timeline or replay to the TV. It works normally, when the PAL setting is stable.
                    Sometimes PC VCR resets the NTSC to PAL after 2 restarts, without going via the PD settings.

The conclusion is: PD 5.39+ and VT 3.04+ work fine now. The HW MJPEG capture and rendering work fine.

I will join the list of people who downloaded and installed these nice programs.
                    Sometimes I made quite dumb things.
                    Sure, the majority did not try to stress the drivers as I did. Or, the majority didn’t report their problems and the solutions here, as Technoind mentioned. The statistics show this.

Edited:
                    Impossible!!!
                    For a while ago I made some computer programs for radio amateurs (I am also a HAM)
                    I programmed in C/C++ and I tried to forecast everything a customer can do wrong.
                    Guess if I could?
                    No, there are always silly users who find a way to crash a program and can drive a programmer to be crazy…

Fred H
                    Last edited by Fred H; 24 November 2003, 03:42.

Comment

Hi,
                      Adis, do you remember by heart, that what you responded to my long mail(it was about my findings with an attachment)? Unfortunately that thread seems to be inaccessible for some reason.
                      I have yet to try out the 3.04 and 5.39 combo. BTW: wasn't this 5.39 the buggy AGP version, that required a patch to enable AGP texturing?
                      Meanwhile I checked it was. Are you guys able to start two opengl applications in a row(back to back)? I was unable to do that(start q3 twice, or lightwave) with 5.39 without crashing the system on the seconds' startup after quitting from first when th driver was new. Unfortunately I cannot check it 'tilll the weekend.

Comment

Hehhhh. this guy

had a similar problem with his Radeon drivers, like me with the VT 3.03/3.04. New hardware, WDM, etc. installed.
                        Funny.

Fred H

Comment

FredH
                          Remember that PowerDesk needs to be installed BEFORE VideoTools.
                          As I said - after installing VideoTools 3.04+,
                          PD will be updated to PD+ which will improve PD performance and look...
                          Switching to PAL will not be a problem, did You see this?

ganyaik
                          I forget to tell that updating Marvel's BIOS is also
                          important for some systems... did You tried this?

Comment

adis: thanks. I have a G400+RR-G, but will look for new BIOSes. Which should I search for? Latest?
                            Do you have any ideas about those 4 unknown devices?

Comment

Adis

I got the BSOD again on my machine when I installed VT3.04. In http://forums.murc.ws/showt...9612#post429612 you implied that you knew where the fault with VT3.03 was. Did you fix it in VT3.04 because it still doesn't work.

Fortunately I tried VT3.04 on a test installation from a BINGed image (BING is a cheaper alternative to PartitionMagic/BootMagic/DriveImage) so I didn't lose my main system.

I am willing to help you test out any theories you have on this problem.

Thanks for your efforts anyway. Your work is greatly appreciated by so many people.

Comment

Working...
                              X