X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dim Bulb

Kentucky Man Raps Confession On Video Hours After Killing Wife
    Jury Recommends Lifetime Sentence

LAKESIDE PARK, Ky. -- A Kentucky man found guilty Wednesday of murdering his wife was convicted based in part because of a homemade rap video he made about the killing.

Jurors recommended a sentence of life in prison for Dennis R. Greene, 31, of Lakeside Park, in northern Kentucky, for the May 4 death of Tara Barrett Greene, Cincinnati television station WLWT reported.

If Greene receives the recommended jail term when he is officially sentenced Dec. 15, will be eligible for parole in 20 years.

Tara Greene was 28 when she was killed. She was a math teacher at Holmes High School.

Just hours after killing his wife, Greene made a rap video in an apartment in Chicago, where he'd fled and was eventually captured.

The video showed Greene relaxing, smoking marijuana and admitting that he told his boss he would not be at work the next day because he was going home to fight with his wife.

The taping continued into the afternoon of May 5, and Greene eventually rapped the lines below:

"I really don't care about tomorrow. Hell, you try to dare me, the (expletive) bitch made me mad. I put it on paper, hell yeah, I'm still sad. She kept at me so I had to take her (expletive) life."
    "I cut her mother (expletive) neck with a sword."
    "I ain't going to jail and I told you I'm going to be on the run. I got my gun."

The jury and the victim's family were among those who watched the tape during Greene's trial.

"It was just such a horrible, horrible way to die," said Karen Barrett, Tara Greene's mother.

Watching the tape was horrible, Barrett said, but it doesn't come close to what the family deals with at home with the couple's 7-year-old son, Chi'An, who is trying to cope with the death of his mother and his father's imprisonment.

"Dennis needs to know, in actuality, he has ruined his child's life," Barrett said. "Forever more, Chi'An Green will be the child who's father murdered his mother."

Greene's public defender said she plans to appeal his conviction.

In Michigan life means LIFE....as in forever with no chance of parole in a SuperMax facility (solitary lockup 23.5 hours a day) up in the frozen northern penninsula of the state....but even that isn't enough for this kind of SOB.

Kentucky (and Michigan) needs to change their law to something like Texas or Florida.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X