Window title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window title

Someone remember/know what is the title of the window that appear after you install Windows or Explorer or other -few- apps, the one window that appear after the system reboots and the boot stop while windows is updating something?

Sorry for the explanation,but I can't find the right words
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

dialogue box??

Comment

Nope, I need to know what is the text displayed on top of it saying something like updating something in progress...

Comment

The thing called "you should not see me"?

Comment

windows messenger, i think but not sure
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Are you talking about the window caption, which shows up in the title bar?

Comment

Do you mean the "Updating personal profile" window ?
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The window I refer has no caption 'cause it has no title bar...
                I suppose it's hard to explain it...

Ok, I'll try again in a different way.
                I am working on a business application that will be sold and distributed on CD; this app will be user friendly and autoinstalling.

After the software has installed it reboots the PC and then, before entering windows, it needs to do set some parameters.
                Thus, I need to show a window that can block the execution of the OS and let me set up my app.
                If someone remember it, there is a similar window when you reboot windows for the last time when installing, or after the installation of a new IE, and in a few other cases.

However, it is nothing of importance for the moment.

Comment

TransformX, maybe you are right...I'll check it, thx :-)

Comment

Cant you just put a modal window up in the 'runonce' reg key?

Comment

it is something along the lines of "Updating windows profile/registry/etc..."

Can't remember the exact wording.

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali
                        Cant you just put a modal window up in the 'runonce' reg key?
                        It's what I'm already doing, but it gives to the user the ability to interact to the desktop.
                        It's not that important, it's only to give the app a more professional look, and to avoid customer to launch the app while it is still installing.

Comment

Is the window you're using System Modal, or Application Modal?

Comment

AppModal. Do you think that using a SysModal one could be the solution?

Comment

Yup. That will prevent user interaction with any other windows/controls.
                              It shouldn't prevent other programs from running, it just doesn't allow user interface events to get to other apps.

Comment

Working...
                              X