RRS VS. Marvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRS VS. Marvel?

1)I remember somebody said RRS is better than Marvel in capturing video. Does it mean the video quality is better than Marvel has, or some what? I haven't decided whether I need to upgrade my Myst/RRS combo to Marvel. Any advice? Thanks!

2)is overclocking RRS still working or not? I tried according to desktopvideoworld's method, but failed to change in reg under VT2.1.

3)could RRS capture in YUV as Marvel does, or RGB32?

Fengzi

The main advantage to the RRS is that you can use it with faster G400's than is built on the Marvel. Ex: G400 MAX.

On the other hand IMHO the Marvel is a better integrated combination with fewer problems.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Don't confuse RRS with RR-G.

RRS was only for older Mystiques and MillenniumIIs (each had their own version).

RR-G is the current capture card for the G200s and G400s. The two are not interchangable....RRS will not work on a Gx00 card.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Jeezzz...

Can you tell I had a 2 yr. old in the lab....gawd....

OK, updated:

OC'ing the RRS drivers hasn't worked since 2.0 came out. Matrox changed the registry and drivers to limit it to the point that doing it doesn't matter.

I've tried looking for the old YUY2 hack for the RRS but can't find it, and I just removed my last RRG from the lab. There IS one though. Any other old-timers stil have it? I'd like it just for my RRS records.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Ummm... now you've got me confused Doc. I thought that the YUY2 hack only applied to the RR-G and not to the RR-S at all. Am I mistaken?

Comment

Two different hacks accomplished two different ways. For the Marvel/RRG it's a patch written by our friend and benefactor Flying Dutchman. For the RRS it's a new registry entry.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey, if that's the case, I'd appreciate it if someone could post the RR-S hack here also.

Comment

Thank you very much! I would like to have a RRS hack too. Expecting for some warmhearted people to post it here.......

Comment

Wow, if that's true (the hack for the RRS) i would be very glad to see it posted !!!!

------------------
                  mits
                  mits,
                  System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
                  model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

All together now...

WE WANT THE HACK !!! WE WANT THE HACK !!!

Comment

I don't remember this hack. The only RRS reg hack that I know of is to enable lower compression, which can be found in the FAQ's on the site.

Sorry

Chris

Comment

I'm quite sure it exists.

Last night I checked some VERY old email from the RRS 2.10 driver beta series and I referenced using AVI_IO to do it then. Unfortunatly my mail from before this date was lost in a system crash.

Still checking old backup CD's for saved mail & forum posts.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Geez, I dunno Doc. I don't think I've ever read a post in this forum in the two years I've been hanging around that involved a YUY2 hack for the RR-S. This is one time though that I hope you can prove me wrong...

Comment

Working...
                          X