The Fall of the Music Industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fall of the Music Industry

Found this little article that clearly breaks down the rise and fall of the music industry:

Pretty good read. A lot of us have been saying this for a while, but this guys lays it down pretty clearly.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

My friends and I have also noticed a severe lack of good music since the early 90's. We remember there being a lot of good music in many different genres not just rock. Now it has gotten so bad that 9 out of 10 people I know don't even bother with buying or even listening to music. They have been burned on aweful albums or haven't the time to go in search of good music.

About 6 months ago I decided to go in search of good music, in the recently released lists. I have gone through about 400-500 albums in that time and only found about 40 that I could stand to listen the whole way through.

Anyways, if you are looking for good new music from artists that you may not have heard of before, here is some that I would recommend: Jack Johnson, Pete Yorn, Billy Talent, Allison Moorer, and Jimmy Eat World.
    I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

Working...
    X