Mp3 -> Wav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 -> Wav

I need a program that can convert an MP3 file to a WAV file.
    I want the output to be the best quality possible taking into account of the original source.

Cheers,

Paddy
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Nero can do that - take .mp3 and convert on the fly to a complete cd.

Im not at home atm, so I cant tell you the name of the specifik plugin. But try and check www.ahead.de and see what they have..

~~DukeP~~

Edit: Check out NeroMix here.

Comment

WinAmp...
      Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Uh, and Paddy, the wav output is of the same quality whatever software you use to convert.

Comment

Cheers Driz, I just wanted to be sure that Nero would actually makes the files worse!
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
            Uh, and Paddy, the wav output is of the same quality whatever software you use to convert.
            nope, not at all ... it definately depends on the renderer

this is my choice http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Cheers Maggi

Comment

ok, I have created WAV files from the MP3s.

The 11MP3 tracks fitted onto an audo CD fine. The WAV files take up nearly 1GB of space and Nero reports a read error when i try to create an audio CD...

They play fine...

Comment

I created the wavs using the MAD decoder and Winamps Diskwriter

Comment

Try this

Comment

Ah! They are 32bits

Comment

If you want to make an audi CD from MP3, just create a new audio CD in Nero, select your mp3s and it will do the job. You don't need to convert to WAV, it will be done on the fly...
                        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Cheers PA, I was wondering if the MP3 decoder in Nero was any good. I have coverted them to WAV myself using the MAD plugin for Winamp, but I created 32bit files by mistake which is why Nero had problems. The files are only 128kbps to i wanted them to sound as good as possible

Comment

ARGH!

Ok, you need to use the MAD frontend. Don't use Winamp at all.

This will produce the best quality WAV files (or a variety of other formats) from your MP3's, regardless of their format.

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

There is something strange in all of this...

CDA tracks are 44.1KHZ 16 bit WAV files.
                              45KHZ WAV files are not CDA compatible.
                              32 bit WAV files are not CDA compatible.

The only format that can be recorded as a CDA -and played by an audio CD player- is 44.1KHZ 16 bit WAV.

Then:
                              MP3 encoding is lossy and quality vary according to the a codec.
                              MP3 decoding is equal for each codec, as the data are the one into the MP3 and must be decoded accordingly to the MP3 format specification.

So, if a decoded MP3 is the same on whatever codec you use to decode, and a CDA file is the same whatever codec you use to create it, how can someone obtain a result that is better than another?
                              And, Paddy, why encode a CDA file to 32 bit when it cannot be played on a CD player?

Comment

Working...
                              X