• Can Enterprise get any more lame?

So far the plotlines have featured:

Several "Alternate Future" episodes,
    One "Mysterious Amnesia" episode (see above),
    One "The Borg Are Back" episode,
    Several "Klingons Are Mean And Smell Bad" episodes,
    One "Vulcan In Heat" episode,
    One (perhaps two) "Crazy/Insane Vulcan/s" episode,
    And most recently a genuine bonus: a combination "Planet That's A Page Out Of Earth History"/"Humans Kidnapped From Earth As Slaves Centuries Ago Have Rebelled Against Their Captors And Established A New Society" episode.

And let's not forget the entire "Earth In Peril From Unfriendly Aliens" story arc.

I can hardly wait for the "Archer Jumps Over A Shark On Water Skis*" episode. That one is sure to be a keeper!

Kevin

*How they're going to get a shark on water skis is going to make for a really innovative plot twist!

PS no tags in subject lines? Bummer.

Yes, but why watch it if it is so lame?
    The only episode I watched for more than five minutes was the borg one. It stunk and only took from First Contact what it wanted.

Comment

that you say that they meet the borg is the lames of all since they promised NOT to break continuity

but they did that almost from start

And the story recycling is not Enterprice specifik, its a industry disease
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Enterprise is the lamest - by far - series of them all! Even the theme is lame - why couldn't they stick to orchestral music and the ship floating in space?

Wish they'd have continued Deep Space Nine - it was bad in the beginning, but once it got darker, it was IMHO the best series of them all (Next Generation had too many "Troy: Captain, I feel something!" and too many "we don't have any problems, so let's just make them ourselves" episodes. But I love the staff. Except Wesley and Troy).

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I stopped watching Enterprise after 3 episodes if that gives any indication.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yes, but why watch it if it is so lame?
            50% habit, 50% hope.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
              50% habit, 50% hope.

Kevin
              Hoping for more "decontamination gel" scenes I assume.
              chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yes, I too watched it occasionally, purely out of hope. Wouldn't get better though

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

We've got the full collection of Star Trek:TOS DVD's, hard to beat the original.

Comment

I think they only aired 15-20 episodes before they cut it off here. Didn't like it much, but hey, it was Trek, I'm with KRSESQ and the 50% habit, 50% hope.

Originally posted by az

Wish they'd have continued Deep Space Nine - it was bad in the beginning, but once it got darker, it was IMHO the best series of them all (Next Generation had too many "Troy: Captain, I feel something!" and too many "we don't have any problems, so let's just make them ourselves" episodes. But I love the staff. Except Wesley and Troy).
                    AZ
                    Halleluiah ! preach on brother AZ (not sure what they would've continued with, though)
                    I'd even take reruns, even though I'll probably say "Yup, I saw this one, twice... three times maybe". Beside Nemesis I haven't seen any Trek in the last 8 months or so

Comment

ach... i was hoping it would be something good.... instead they have turned it in to something that is not star trek at all.... it doesent have the spirit of star treck .... it has become too holywoodiesed and lacking of substance.... it is a disgrace to TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager....
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Can Enterprise get any more lame?
                        No!
                        It's about as lame as it can get.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

nah we need more relaxation pressure point scenes damn that was a sweet pic
                          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

No!
                            It's about as lame as it can get.
                            Never challenge Worse!

I think the biggest problem is that it's not Bold. It doesn't have any bold characters. It doesn't tackle any bold ideas. It doesn't offer anything memorable, no "water cooler talk" except for the decon scenes. Whatever other faults the other Treks had, at least they TRIED to be bold.

Maybe it's just because it doesn't have bold producers. Roddenberry may have had an ego the size of the milky way, but at least he tried to be bold.

Enterprise, by almost any comparison, is bland as dishwater.

Kevin

Comment

Can Enterprise get any more lame?
                              Yes. They could somehow force into the continuity a "the first" holodeck-runs-amock episode.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X