X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my money back

I can't wait anymore. I buy the parhelia at 429 €

Like they said in "Road to Perdition": "it's all so ****in' hysterical."
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Is it not a bad cause

Hi Lecter,

despite your Nickname, i hope that you are not a cannibal.
      I don't know if you have much money to buy computer products. But sometime Many peaple (like me) doesn't have the same cash of uncle bill. Just for this reason, the parhelia i have buy a few month's ago at the incredible price of 429 € (the oem version) has become a big beam to spill. The reason for this are know by all murcer's. Missed DX9 support, banding issue, and people that try to speak with a ghost company. A company that live every day chained into their own secrets (pitou? taped out? DX9 compliant? drivers? no drivers? Surround gaming? What's the next product?) can't give satisfaction to their customers (off course they have a better friendly approach with company like IBM, AMD and so on). I'm feeling abandoned by matrox. Is it really so hard, for example, talk about the tech-spec of the next products? Is it possible for us to give suggestion to this company? Many of us are technicians, programmer, and information tecnology expert. This are only a bunch of reason for my disappointment with Matrox.
      Anyone else feels like me?

Sorry for my bad english.

Best regards to all
      Amiga Blitter
      Last edited by Amiga Blitter; 15 November 2003, 06:23.

Comment

I also bought a Parhelia when it came out, at considerable expense, out of my own money and mostly because of a fondness towards this company. It is still residing happily in my main PC on which I am writing this post. Now, when it came out, you must have known that it wasn't even as fast as the latest GeForce4, so, realistically speaking, DX9 features would have bogged it down even more. As for Matrox's frustrating secrecy about upcoming products...get over it. You will find out about a new product when it comes out, how in the world does it even matter if you know about it months in advance since you can't test or buy it? Do you really prefer the other companies' advance release of so-called "theoretical benchmarks" which are always grossly misleading? Also, it was known from day1 that the Parhelia was "partially DX9 compliant". It is not the only such product that was rolled out, if memory serves, the original Radeon has Pixel Shader 1.0 or 1.1 support, which in theory was supposed to be a DX8 feature, but got kicked out when DX 8.1 came out and was used by developers with its new Pixel Shader 1.3 support.

And last but not least, the idea that prompted my initial reaction: why? Why waste 10 seconds to post a topic that has been talked about for ages with no avail? What could u have possibly achieved by doing this, what was your hope? I mean, really, you should have dedicated these 2 posts to one of Zokes' post-whoring games, everyone would have been better off
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
          I mean, really, you should have dedicated these 2 posts to one of Zokes' post-whoring games, everyone would have been better off
          ROFLMAO! That has to be the ultimate MURC insult Spot on lecter.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

ROTFLMAO
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

You're right. But the Matrox Company can do more, more and more than what we can expect ant this (for my own idea) is not the properly mode to gain market quote. (Remember that the game Market is a very Lucrative market).

Ciao
              Amiga Blitter

Comment

Working...
              X