Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic PV-GS70

Hi Ya Folks,
    Went visiting the local video store during my lunch hour, just to see what was available. I haven't done any research on anything, but I just wanted to have a little fun. The salesman at the store just showed me the panasonic PV-GS70 and stressing very heavily that it was a 3 ccd camcorder. Now I know that a 3 ccd camcorder is better than a single ccd camcorder and the prices usually reflect that, but this camcorder runs for about $1500 CDN.
    I'm just hoping you guys can share your experience or opinions on this camcorder. eg is the video quality that great for the price?
    I read the canon optura thread and I think I saw that camcorder priced at $2000CDN in the store ( but I'm not 100% sure ) and it's only a 1ccd camcorder. I don't really know what are the most important features you need on a camcorder so any advice here would be great too.

I like to buy a camcorder before Christmas, as I have an old VHS camcorder that's starting to make more noise than usual and the kids stop being cute when I bring it out. So I like the fact that the panasonic is a nice size and it did fit real nice in the hands. I guess the other feature I would like is really good video at lower light. Not completely dark or by candlelight but with usual room light. So any reccommendations would also be great.

Thanks.

RhinoZ.

Have alook around this site.

paulw

Comment

Thanks paulw,
      The guy who started the sony comparing thread had the same questions as I did. Pretty good answers from some of the people. Makes the descision a little easier from people who use it and love it. It looks to be a winner.

Comment

Working...
      X