Msi 745 - New Bios Released (1.7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msi 745 - New Bios Released (1.7)

Ok, this new bios is about 10 days old (October 30, 2003).

I flashed to it on a whim, I was there downloading BIOS 1.3 because 1.6's memory timings suck.

So I installed 1.7 instead, and LO AND BEHOLD...

Although the only fix listed is "added CPU HALT detection option in BIOS setup", I can't even find that supposed new option. What I _did_ find, however, is that I can set my memory as aggressively as I could under 1.3, and still post with my chip running at the correct speed and everything!

Gotta love MSI... not.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Interesting. Thanks Gurm. Might well give it a go as I'm pushing up the clocks a bit more now I'm watercooled

That option might well be in the "PC Health" screen - this is where the "check CPU fan on startup" is (had to disable that...)
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I'll have to upgrade the BIOS tonight. Hopefully it will fix my fsb issue.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Re: Msi 745 - New Bios Released (1.7)

Originally posted by Gurm
        Ok, this new bios is about 10 days old (October 30, 2003).

I flashed to it on a whim, I was there downloading BIOS 1.3 because 1.6's memory timings suck.

So I installed 1.7 instead, and LO AND BEHOLD...

Although the only fix listed is "added CPU HALT detection option in BIOS setup", I can't even find that supposed new option. What I _did_ find, however, is that I can set my memory as aggressively as I could under 1.3, and still post with my chip running at the correct speed and everything!

Gotta love MSI... not.

- Gurm
        Got to test that Bios
        BTW:
        Remember to press F3 to access all the "extra" settings
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Help us out here. When does one press F3? From the blue bios screen? Or before that?

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Oh boy....here we go again with the "745 Ultra rocks" threads

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
              Help us out here. When does one press F3? From the blue bios screen? Or before that?

- Gurm
              Anywhere when you are in bios

On the page with memory timings a whole slew of setting appere when you press "F3".
              Its a "system wide" setting so you don't have to press it again in the subsections

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
              Oh boy....here we go again with the "745 Ultra rocks" threads

Dr. Mordrid
              Welll??

I does!!!
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

oh boy, 745s still get new BIOS? damn, I really hope Asus does that

Ok, Asus SiS boards are carp comaring to MSI ones, but u get my point (point: Asus, do something for SiS already!)

Comment

id say 745 rocks and sucsk at the same time... mine has blown up twice of o/c good though that i got a new one from msi everytime :P customer service... but dont screw with the f3 options if u dont know what it is its just a bunch of memory timings
                  WaterCooled!
                  AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
                  Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
                  512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
                  Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think the crappy OC problem you have has something to do with 2 phrase power on most SiS boards. (usually 2 phrase b/c they are marketed as cheap boards for some reason)

Comment

Okay, so I upped the BIOS. Seems fine, no change for me. But I still have <A HREF="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41237">this</A> problem.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X