• Show
Clear All

• Kasparov vs X3D Fritz Match

4 matches:

Game 1: Tue. Nov. 11, 1pm EST.
    Game 2: Thu. Nov. 13, 1pm EST.
    Game 3: Sun. Nov. 16, 1pm EST.
    Game 4: Tue. Nov. 18, 1pm EST.

2h for first 40 moves, 1h for next 20 moves, 15 minutes after 60th move with 3s increment per move.

Match will be played with 3D glasses and moves entered via microphone and voice recognition. Board will be displayed in 3d using X3D technology (glasses that alternatingly shut left and right eye using liquid crystals while being synced with CRT refresh rate. Monitor displays left and right eye image alternatingly, nVidia cards only).

Live coverage

Odds are nearly even for all 4 outcomes. Kramnik drew with Fritz in 8 matches, Kasparov has better chance in 4, Kasparov was in better position against deep Junior but he played it safe and drew the match.

I think Kasparov is going to win.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 10 November 2003, 23:44.

Well, he's got the Matrix sunglasses, sort of.

Kasparov once said that if a human won only one game agansit a computer (even if he lost a zillion) he had proven humans to still be better than computers. I agree with that.

Wish we could have a real world-champion again....
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Call me silly, but I fail to see exactly what the 3d glasses bring to the proceedings?
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
        Call me silly, but I fail to see exactly what the 3d glasses bring to the proceedings?
        Sponsorship money

Comment

Sales for the company involved.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That is the thing. Sponsors are prepared to pay big money to show off their products, not to find a true world-champion anymore. Our society is clearly going down the drain. It's all about corporate profits. No place for honorable things anymore.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
            X