Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super g wi-fi???

I was just smurfing around and found this on the Netgear website:

From the looks of it, super g is a rogue standard from Atheros that Netgear has built wi-fi technology around. It basically doubles standard 802.11g bandwidth giving super g a total bandwidth of 108 Mbps!

Wi-fi has finally caought up to conventional ethernet.

Of course ethernet is starting to swith to Gb ... but that's besides the point.

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 10 November 2003, 06:57.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

wanna bet it has the same lame Max MTU limitation of 1440 instead of 1500. It's default is 1500, regardless of manually entering 1500 it's still nothing but 1440

Call Netgear and listen to their Ter 1 support noroms.. it's your computer that's misconfigured... spent a half hour on hold to hear some numb nut state it's me?!

I jerked his chain so hard and fast you could hear his arse hit the floor... and had been telling all customers that!!! Errr

Finaly after a good 30min to be insulted he got me a ticket #... spent another hour on hold, then gave up. They never returned the call (which is standard practice)

bleh to those whom recommend it, double & triple bleh for Netgear trying to pull a fast one and sweeping the issue under the carpet while blaiming the customer, now who does that remind you of?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Most 802.11g hardware is built around Atheros chipsets, and I'm sure it's not just Netgear pushing 108Mbps gear. I'm betting that a lot of hardware from different vendors is compatible at this speed.

Though I'm not going to spend the money to find out...
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I think Dlink has come out with some 108Mbps wireless stuff as well based on 802.11g...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

D-Link has just released theirs. You can get a wireless router and PC card adapter for $134:

Pretty good for wireless faster than ethernet.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X