Need your input --- which Parhelia driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your input --- which Parhelia driver

I'm at a point of indecision and I'd like some input.

I'm moving everything to a new system, fresh.
    I've been using the 1.3.0.43 driver with the original 1.0 - 4 BIOS.

I've not had any issues up till this point in time.
    Should I use the same driver or another?
    Should I update my BIOS?

I'm not really positve what kept me from upgrading the driver, since I usually like to run the latest and greatest. I think it was something related to overlay, and 3 screens, that they changed and I liked it the way it was, but, that was over a year ago & I don't remember the specifics.

So give me your input. In less than 24 hours I do it, to it

Thanks,

Ron

dont change the bios, its only a unified file for the parhelia and p7/650. on the driver side i run latest but if you have overlay issues then i dont really know anything about that.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Well I remember some big OpenGL performance gains in 1.04s and the 1.05s have improved OpenGL Extension support, .NET1.1 fix (that sped things up quite a bit and reduced the memory footprint).

Comment

And wasn´t there a rare boot-up problem with the original bios,not showing the post screen,or somathing like that?
        ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

AFAIK they changed some timing parameters for lcd-displays with the 1.3 bios. I don't know of prior changes.

Besides I don't believe they just merged the p-series/parhelia-bios files with 1.4. But what exactly was changed I don't know though.

The 1.5s provide OpenGL 1.4 minus 4 extensions or so. I don't see any improvments with the .net 1.1 compatibility.

I'm using .net 1.1 myself because it was claimed that there was a smaller memory footprint and faster response from the app itself, but I can't verify that. Memory usage is up to 36mb as before when all dialogs where opened once. But I don't care too much about that.

However you could try the 1.5s and change back to your 1.3s if you experience disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by a_h
            AFAIK they changed some timing parameters for lcd-displays with the 1.3 bios. I don't know of prior changes.

Besides I don't believe they just merged the p-series/parhelia-bios files with 1.4. But what exactly was changed I don't know though.

The 1.5s provide OpenGL 1.4 minus 4 extensions or so. I don't see any improvments with the .net 1.1 compatibility.

I'm using .net 1.1 myself because it was claimed that there was a smaller memory footprint and faster response from the app itself, but I can't verify that. Memory usage is up to 36mb as before when all dialogs where opened once. But I don't care too much about that.

However you could try the 1.5s and change back to your 1.3s if you experience disadvantages.
            Any chance Haig might fill us in being as there were no release notes?
            P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

I ended up going with the latest driver. No problems yet, but it hasn't been up for very long. Got my fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
                I ended up going with the latest driver. No problems yet, but it hasn't been up for very long. Got my fingers crossed
                I haven't had any problems at all. I just got the P and proceeded to flash the bios and use the latest drivers without giving it any thought...lucky?
                P4b@2.7, AOpen ax4spe max II, 4X Parhelia 128 with Zalman zm80c and fan -or- ATI Radeon X800GTO, 1024mb.

Comment

No,i´d say that´s quit normal with matrox drivers/bios.
                  ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Working...
                  X