Just out of curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just out of curiosity

No big deal, but I must know. What’s with the “tail” on the ‘s’ in the top frame? It has been there ever since the site was redesigned, and I can’t figure out why.

John

I believe the person who made that banner for TI was using Cool3D 2.0, which had a bug with some fonts. That was fixed in 2.5 and 3.0 but I don't think TI has had time to get it corrected.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I cannot tell a lie - it was me wot made the banner. Doc's right about the software too. It's just so easy to use that I decided to ignore the glitch. Unprofessional, I know, but bear in mind that I put the redesigned site live at midnight on Millennium Eve, and at that point I wasn't going to hold up on publishing on the basis of that glitch.

But never fear, a new site redesign is in hand, and I'm glad to say that you will still retain the same feel, although it will look different. No promises on timescales, but who knows what might happen on New Years Eve this year ?

Chris

Comment

I figured it was a glitch or something. Thanks for the info, and as always, thanks to all for making this a useful resource.

John

Comment

John,

You're welcome (as always). As I've always maintained, the site is no more than the sum of it's members, and it greatly gratifies me that the members are able to get together and discuss stuff despite my own lack of submissions. I look forward to being able (at last) to update the site with my own experiences, and hopefully keep a little more towards the cutting edge.

I'm hoping to be able to put up some major material revisions over the next couple of months, and given a fair wind would like to include some more in-depth stuff on Huffy, DV500 and e450TV.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X