Blah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blah...

Blech... i'm stressing right now... i found out a little bit earlier that a business trip i had scheduled for next week was bumped up to tomorrow... anyone else hate having to pack?

on a side note: anyone know of anything that i can use to pass the time without the internet? will have a laptop, but no net connection.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Simcity, Age of Mythology, C&C Generals, A good book(education or otherwise).
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Sleep.
      Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Get hand on one of the "opengl" version of the old doom engine. Play doom, Doom II hell on earth, Hexen or one of the two official expansions.

The sound is MIDI, so as good as your onboard sound. The grafix depends on witch of the many engines you select, but it should look just fine on your laptop.

Amazing how fun it can be to relive the old classics.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Jagged Alliance 2, or if the notebook is fast, UFO: Aftermath.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Kyodai Mahjongg.
            great graphics, easy on the mind.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

solitaire

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                Kyodai Mahjongg.
                great graphics, easy on the mind.
                OOoooooo... have not played that game since i had a G400 in my box... quite a while ago...

unfortunately the laptop is only a PII and lacks 3d acceleration... so most of those (while fun) won't run... i'll figure something out along those lines...thanks for the suggestion...

and, out of complete randomness, i am not leaving today. i'm leaving monday. doh.
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Try Jagged Alliance 2 - it'll run like lightning. If you don't have it, there's a "Gold" edition on sale now for like 10 dollars, which includes JA2 Unfinished Business (which is not that good, but there are a lot of mods for it). JA2 was VERY underrated in the US (or anywhere outside of germany, for that matter - even though it's from canada).

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

pong

Comment

I second az. Go get JA2. Now.
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                        OOoooooo... have not played that game since i had a G400 in my box... quite a while ago...

unfortunately the laptop is only a PII and lacks 3d acceleration... so most of those (while fun) won't run... i'll figure something out along those lines...thanks for the suggestion...

and, out of complete randomness, i am not leaving today. i'm leaving monday. doh.
                        I have this installed on my PII 266 laptop, and it is just as enyoyable regardless of 3-D acceleration.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Quake2 with the bot packages and addons if ya got them eraser bots can be a challenge
                          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                          X