wish it was really so!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wish it was really so!

just got online & find that my connection speed has jumped to a stratospheric level.
    Attached Files

my wish is bigger
    Attached Files

Comment

*sigh* My icon reports the true speed
      Attached Files
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

Originally posted by Zao
        *sigh* My icon reports the true speed
        You're compaining about 10 Mb/s?

Comment

No the mofo is showing off
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

WTF are you guys complaining about? I'm stuck with 45,333 bits/s
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

ATM I dont have any connection. 'cept at work.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The 100 Mb/s Ethernet connection between the NIC and cable modem doesn't seem to help with the 3 Mb/s cap Cox sets on the downstream. And it sure doesn't help with the measly little 256 kb/s upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                  The 100 Mb/s Ethernet connection between the NIC and cable modem doesn't seem to help with the 3 Mb/s cap Cox sets on the downstream. And it sure doesn't help with the measly little 256 kb/s upstream.
                  I've got 128 up, and with PPPoE that's more like 100 up, if I'm lucky.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                    ATM I dont have any connection. 'cept at work.
                    Shame, I was looking forward to you showing us what a real connection was.
                    Last edited by Ribbit; 6 November 2003, 13:06.
                    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      I've got 128 up, and with PPPoE that's more like 100 up, if I'm lucky.
                      Yup, my "128" up on swbell dsl is more like a rock solid 92.
                      On the other hand, my "384" down is more like 1,200.
                      chuck

PS No PPPOE though, thank God.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

PPPOE bad?.................... why?

Am I just lucky here then?

Running a 512 down 256 up DSL link based on PPPOE and see those figure in practice via my Alcatel "FROG" Speedtouch USB ADSL modem.
                        Lawrence

Comment

Maybe nothing now that so many home broadband routers support it in firmware.
                          But my Dad has it in software and it SUCKS.
                          Frequent disconections, unexplained slowdowns and just general badness.
                          chuck
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
                              PPPOE bad?.................... why?

Am I just lucky here then?

Running a 512 down 256 up DSL link based on PPPOE and see those figure in practice via my Alcatel "FROG" Speedtouch USB ADSL modem.
                              Yes, you may see those numbers, but PPPoE is a crappy little wrapper. Whatever bandwidth it says you're getting, you can reduce that by about 20%, because that's the bloat that PPPoE is adding.

Go to DSLreports or somewhere. Their bandwidth test even shows the graph in two sections - total, and effective (after PPPoE is accounted for).
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X