Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat 3.9 is out!

Resolved Game Issues
    This section provides information on game issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST™. These include the following:

Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bpp followed by playing Blade of Darkness with the game set to 1027x768 16bpp, and texture resolution set to max, no longer results in a flickering horizontal line of display corruption
    Playing Morrowind under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ All-In-Wonder 9200 installed no longer results in parts of the boat image flashing and portions of the person's body being missing
    The game Jedi Knight-Jedi Academy no longer fails to respond when enabling Anti-Aliasing to 4x or 6x
    Choppy game play is no longer noticed with attempting to play the game Home World 2
    The demo game Panzers no longer fails to respond when Anti-Aliasing is enabled under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 8500 series card installed
    Setting the ATI 3D tab slider to Performance under Windows XP with a RADEON™ 9800 series card installed no longer results in display corruption when playing the game Grand Prix 4
    Setting the game Flight Simulator 2004 to display at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 followed by starting a new flight no longer results in the menu being flipped just before the new flight is about to begin
    Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bpp followed by setting the Indy Car demo display option to 1600x1200 32bpp and setting the detail to high no longer results in the fence and car's shadows flashing
    Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bpp and enabling Anti-Aliasing to 4x followed by configuring the game Race Driver to 1600x1200 32bpp no longer results in some of the race cars not being drawn properly
    Attempting to start a new game of Links 2003 no longer results in the system rebooting
    Serious Sam 2 is now able to detect OpenGL TRUFORM when set to Application Preference
    Resolved Benchmark Issues
    This section provides information on Benchmark issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST™. These include the following:

ChameleonMark no longer displays corruption on DX8-class products
    Resolved CATALYST™ Driver Issues
    This section provides information on CATALYST™ driver issues that have been resolved in the latest release of CATALYST™. These include the following:

The help files for the new VPU Recover feature no longer make reference to that feature as Smartsave
    Connecting a TV as the secondary display and enabling extended desktop no longer results in display corruption on the primary display when attempting to change the colour mode and resolution when playing Serious Sam
    Having two monitor connected with only one monitor being active no longer results in two monitors being seen as active in the Monitor tab of the Advanced Display Properties
    Connecting both a CRT and a TV to an ATI RADEON™ 7200 series running in a Windows 9x environment no longer results in corrupted colours being displayed on the CRT
    Setting the secondary CRT display to 1024x768 32bpp with extended desktop enabled no longer results in not being able to swap between the primary and secondary displays
    DVD Region 2 playback no longer stutters during the beginning of the DVD under Windows 2000
    Connecting both a CRT and a TV to an ATI RADEON™ 7200 series running in a Windows 9x environment no longer results in corrupted colours being displayed on the CRT
    The incorrect display resolution and desktop size is no longer indicated when clicking on the ATI icon for the first time

Cheers for the heads up.

How are you always first with these?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Oh, and check this out!!!

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

thanks!

Comment

!WARNING!

My computer is on a major slowdown after installing this....
          System idle process is at 89% however

Anyone else have problems?

Comment

I'm not sure what happened there... i seem to be ok now after a couple of reboots... perhaps it was just a prolonged driver installation....

Comment

I believe these drivers the control panel is installed automatically and is no longer seperate install.
              If so bad news for anyone having dumbfart problems as you can't do the manual update method as easily as before.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Wow, they're crapping out drivers fast now. What's regarded as the best?

Comment

There is a smartgart uninstaller on the util page if you need it as well as the driver uninstaller.

Comment

No problems here... yet

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                      There is a smartgart uninstaller on the util page if you need it as well as the driver uninstaller.
                      Sadly once dumbfart has disabled everything uninstalling it doesn't make any differance. Well it didn't last time I tried it. The only way is to do a manual upgrade over the top or do it manually the first time.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

No, actually you can have smartgart just redetect everything. See the "redetect settings" button? Try pushing that.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

General first feedback on these is quite good. Less problem reports and the 3.9 are reported to be overall slightly faster.

If you want to be sure, just wait a few more days, though.
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            No, actually you can have smartgart just redetect everything. See the "redetect settings" button? Try pushing that.

- Gurm
                            In fact Gurm that is the worst thing you can do becuase in general will certainly disable all functions if they weren't already disabled.

Sadly ATI haven't released an tool that overwrites dumbfart settings when it gets fubarred up unlike Matrox did when there own test set the agp and dma incorrectly for their g200 and maybe G400.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                              General first feedback on these is quite good. Less problem reports and the 3.9 are reported to be overall slightly faster.

If you want to be sure, just wait a few more days, though.

Theres general grumblings as there always is on rage3d. Difficult to filter the noise. AIW cards seem to be fubarred with opengl though. I guess they got no betatesters with aiw cards.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X