Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv hitches with DivX

Hello fellow Matrox users!

I've got the following proglem: When I play a DivX movie on my TV (with dvdmax), I get some irritating little hitches when the camara moves or when a large object moves on my screen. This little hitch has a interval of +/- 1 sec.

How can I solve this small, but really annoying hitch?

AMD Athlon 600
    MSI K7 Pro
    2*128 MB memory
    Matrox G400 (DH)
    SB live!
    10 GB Maxtor (7200rpm)
    Yamaha CRW4416
    Pioneer DVD 104f
    17" Highscreen MS1795P

The following drivers and bios:
    Matrox driver 5.20
    Graphics bios 1.9 - 33
    Matrox PowerDesk 6.20
    K7 Pro (MS-6195) V1.7

I have already tried to overclock the card with MGATweak 1.20 to: System PLL Clock fo = 295 MHz

Thank you for your help!

Crow greets you!

------------------

You're probably viewing 30fps movies, the TV can only handle 25, so 5 frames per second are lost. This is most noticable with fast moving images. You can only really fix it by reencoding the movie with 25fps.

Comment

Hunsow,

my room mate has a TNT2 (guillemot 32MB) video card with a TV out and has no problem with viewing the (same) DivX movies, and I think that the movies are 25 fps.

Thanks anyway for the reply!!

Crow greets you!

[This message has been edited by Crow (edited 29 November 2000).]

Comment

Doesn't sound like overclocking/MGATweak discussion. Move to Desktop Video.
        KJ Liew

Comment

de info van een willekeurige film:
          Display Information :
          Video Mode : Weave, Display Mode : DirectDraw
          FourCC Code : YUY2, Surface Type : Overlay
          Video Attribute :
          Video compression mode : MPEG-1
          TV system : 525/60 (NTSC)
          Aspect Ratio : unknown = 1
          Display Mode : reserved
          Source picture resolution : 352x240 (525/60)
          Frame Rate : 23.98
          Source picture letterboxed : Not letterboxed
          Bitrate : 1.15Mbps

het is me wel gelukt om de film zonder haperingen af te spelen, door NTSC als "TV standard" in te stellen, maar ik krijg het nu niet voor elkaar om kleur te krijgen.
          Ik heb een tulp(3 stuks, audio l&r en video)-scart aansluiting. Scart is aangesloten op mijn video, die zowel Pal/NTSC als Mesecam ondersteunt. Video is gewoon via een coax cabel verbonden met mijn tv.

Comment

Crow: als je tv geen kleur geeft bij NTSC, dan is hij gewoon niet geschikt om NTSC mee weer te geven (een bekend probleem).

Je probeerd een film-based video af te spelen op PAL, dus zal er elke seconde 1 frame moeten worden verdubbeld.

Ik ben wel benieuwd of jouw kamergenoot wel die video soepel kan afspelen op dezelfde tv.

Comment

dZeus,
              ik zal het vanmiddag wel even proberen of het bij mijn huisgenoot wel lukt, wordt vervolgd.

Echter, ik heb de film ook al via mijn video opgenomen, die dus wel NTSC (en PAL en MESECAM ondersteunt-JVC HR-J700), en deze band afgepeeld bij mijn ouders die een paar maanden gelden een nieuwe Philips breedbeeld tv en een nieuwe videorecorder hebben gekocht. Het resultaat: hetzelfde, dus bij NTSC weergave zwart/wit, bij PAL wel kleur, maar haperingen.
              Of het licht aan mijn Video (waarschijnlijk niet) of aan mijn computer (en dus de G400).

Later!

Comment

op de JVC site kan ik nergens iets over een 'HR-J700' vinden.

Weet je zeker dat de videorecorder NTSC volledig ondersteund? Veel videorecorders ondersteunen NTSC alleen met afsepelen en dan in zwart-wit.

Comment

It isn't really nice to use other languages then english on an message board like this. Why not send e-mail if you want to use dutch?

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt_KiRK:
                    It isn't really nice to use other languages then english on an message board like this. Why not send e-mail if you want to use dutch?
                    Cpt_KiRK

Sorry for the dutch, now specially for you and all not dutch readers:

info of an arbitrary movie:
                    see above

I managed to play a movie without hitches, by selecting NTSC as tv standard, but i didn't manage to get color (only black and white).
                    I'm using a tulp(3 pices, audio l&r and video)-scart connection. The scart is connected to my VCR(jvc, hi-fi HR-J700E)witch has a PAL/NTSC and MESECAM option. The VCR is connected to my TV with a coax cable.

dZeus suggest that the trouble lies with the VCR, that the VCR is not able to view color NTSC. I'm checking this out right now.

I hope that you can help me with this information.

Crow greets you!

Comment

I tried to play the movie on my TV with my roommates computer and it worked good (except of the small color distortion (black) in the PAL mode AND the NTSC mode.

So the problem is probably the G400 or maybe the system configuration?????

HELP!!!

Crow greets you!

Comment

Working...
                      X