Halflife 2 delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halflife 2 delay

Whats the lastest with the delay with Halflife 2? I went to Amazon today and they are showing a March 1st 2004 release date!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Noone knows. The last official answer was, "Holiday Season".
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Good news for me is that I can now wait for prices to drop before buying a video card that'll run HL2 well.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Well, was it THAT big surprice after the source got leaked??
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
            Well, was it THAT big surprice after the source got leaked??
            Yes. Releasing the source shouldn't have set them back much, if at all. I think they're using it as an excuse for already being behind schedule.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

[rumour mill on]
              maybe somebody paid them to have a chance to release hardware that runs the game better than their current crop of cards ?
              [rumour mill off]

Cheeeese,
              Maggi
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
              LG BH10LS38
              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
                [rumour mill on]
                maybe somebody paid them to have a chance to release hardware that runs the game better than their current crop of cards ?
                [rumour mill off]

Cheeeese,
                Maggi
                I don't think that is it because the 9800 blew away all other cards in HL2 plus they bundled the game with the card! I don't think there is anything to hide here. 1/3 or so of the source code was leaked, they need to change that third and they need to change the authentication method for Steam since that was part of the code that was leaked. They can probably do all of this within a matter of months, but it doesn't make good business sense to release the game post Christmas so the next best time is end of Q104.
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yo Dave,

you didn't take my answer serious now, did you ?

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Maggi
                    Yo Dave,

you didn't take my answer serious now, did you ?

yes, I guess I did Sorry...

Comment

Actually Gabe Newell on the halflife2.net forums official email thread has already said that the delay is caused by the game not being finished and nothing else.
                      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                        Actually Gabe Newell on the halflife2.net forums official email thread has already said that the delay is caused by the game not being finished and nothing else.
                        A lot of people who got their hands on the stolen beta/alpha's will agree with that. Though I am not one of those people, I know several who are.

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                        X