Digital TVs'/Recievers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital TVs'/Recievers

this got me thinking about starting to plan now for a plasma screen or maybe one of the newer LCD TV.

my question is..does this technology make it desirable to have a digital reciever pre-2005??

and...doesn't this coincide with the "no more new NTSC licences" from the FCC??

and...is it a big deal at all???

cc

Well your thinking about two different things here...Digital TV is already out. Usually it has Music Channels and what not added to and a couple "digital" quality Channels on it. I have Cablevision where I live and their Digital TV is know as iO and I have 19 TV channels that are Digital and something like 20-30 Music stations that can been seen at www.musicchoice.com

HDTV is another beast all together. It requires a HD Tuner to get HD Channels and a TV capable of putting out a 640 or 1024 res picture. I know my local company has a HD Box you can get to get their total of 4 HDTV stations. From what I've been reading HDTV rollout has been a major disaster from the start and theres alot of TV manufactures bitching about having to add a HD tuner to their TV's come 2005 or so since they say that Most people have a Cable box or Sat hooked up and they aren't needed and they add $150 to the cost of a TV.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

cable TV signals

thanks for the reply GT98...

i also have cable(TWC) and i have the HD cable box even though 90% of the tv shows that i watch are in regular broadcast. the box does have componet out.

i guess what i was really getting at is how will an older device handle this "marker"...will it render it useless??

i have the older version of the "Grand Wega" 60" HD compatable tv...will my tv be able to handle this new standard with this marker in it.

on a side note i just purchased the DVDO iSCAN Ultra video processor to bump up my regular NTSC signals to 480p and i plan installing it tonight after work...yea!!

Comment

Working...
      X