Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question: How do you fade in/out text or other objects in MS Pro 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question: How do you fade in/out text or other objects in MS Pro 6?

I am moving up from VS 4.0 and want to fade static text in and out?

I have checked all of the video filters and the moving paths options.
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Drag the clip into any overlay track (V<sub>1</sub>, V<sub>2</sub>, V<sub>3</sub>, etc), right-click to get into OVERLAY PROPERTIES and tinker with keyframes and transparency.

------------------
    Carter
    ------
    [EditRig] Tyan Tiger100 rev.F, Dual P3 650MHz, 256mb PC100, [C:] 10.2g Seagate, [D:] 10.1g IBM, FastTrack66 RAID, [E:] Dual 30.7g Maxtors, [F:] Plextor 12x10x32x CDRW, Dual 17" Monitors, Matrox G400 32mb AGP, SBLive, Canopus DV Raptor, FourPoint2000, FastEthernet, USB IntelliEye, Windows2000, MSP 6.0, Canon XL-1/GL-1/L2
    Carter
    ------
    [EditRig] Tyan Tiger100 rev.F, Dual P3 650MHz, 256mb PC100, [C:] 10.2g Seagate, [D:] 10.1g IBM, FastTrack66 RAID, [E:] Dual 30.7g Maxtors, [F:] Plextor 12x10x32x CDRW, Dual 17" Monitors, Matrox G400 32mb AGP, SBLive, Canopus DV Raptor, FourPoint2000, FastEthernet, USB IntelliEye, Windows2000, MSP 6.0, Canon XL-1/GL-1/L2

Comment

More precisely;

Once you have placed the file (video clip, title clip, *.tga bitmap w/tansparancy etc.) on an overlay track and opened the Overlay Options go to the Overlay Clip window (left display) and create 2 more keyframes using the slider and the "+" button above the timeline.

Now set the Transparancy to the following values for each of these keyframes (counting from left);

keyframe 1: 100%
      keyframe 2: 0%
      keyframe 3: 0%
      keyframe 4: 100%

Now move keyframes 2 and 3 until you get the timing you need.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 30 November 2000).]

Comment

Thanks so much for the solution

Could you please help me with these four questions:

1. When the last clip of the production ends the song I had running starts over just as the clip ends. There seems to be some logic in the program here but I haven't figured it out yet. I know it's not the clip because it happens for any clip as long as it's the last one. A title clip obviously doesn't count as a "real" clip in this regard since the music will start over when the last real clip ends. My workaround has been to put a clip "behind" the final credits so the music doens't start over. How exactly is this supposed to work.

2. Is it possible to create rolling credits with different sized text? Credits of all the same size font look kind of hokey. VS4 could do this easily but I don't see how to do it in MS Pro. Is there a good standalone program for this?

3. How can you delete the little "handles" on the audio track after making them? If you just made it a simple undo will work, but if it's been there a while . . .

4. Is is possible to use Panasonic plug-in or other high quality plug-ins for MS Pro? The Ligos encoder is really bad. Also, huffyuv smart rendereded output comes out as just static, anyway around this?

Thanks for any help.
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Anyone?
          - Mark

Comment

1. I don't have this problem, but have you considered inserting a very short blank audio clip as a terminator? If it starts to loop, who cares?

2. This is a job for CGInfinity, the bundled titling program. The built in titler can only work with one font & size at a time.

3. To get rid of an audio control point just grab it then drag it up or down until it's off the timeline and let it go. POOF! Bye-bye.

4. What is your procedure? HuffYUV should be used for both the captures and editing prior to exporting it and compressing TMPGEnc. Also, you should set up a custom project setting with HuffYUV as the compressor.

There are some tricks to getting the Ligos encoder to work MUCH better than can be done with the "standard" setups. What specifically are you trying to do with it?

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 03 December 2000).]

Comment

Dr. Mordrid-

Thanks for the solutions to #1-3.

Here's how I would like to edit analog captures:

1. Capture using Huffyuv codec.
              2. Edit using Huffyuv codec.
              3. Final render to MJPEG for playback to videotape since my system cannot do full frame Huffyuv playback (PIII850). Almost does it, but not quite. I know that Huffyuv is not a playback codec but it could be with a fast enough processor
              4. Another final render to Huffyuv format for conversion to MPEG II using TMPGEnc. One project interlaced and one de-interlaced using Virtual Dub's Smart De-Interlace filter.

The problem is that my Huffyuv output is not playable. All I get is a static screen. Even when the original video source clip is huffyuv, the output file in that same format is garbled. That's the problem I'm having right now. I don't want to have to MPEG II encode from a MJPEG source . . . we all know why.

I'm using avi_io to capture Huffyuv and Virtual Dub to do rough edits on the clips. Huffyuv output from both of these programs is playable on my system so I believe the codec is correctly installed.

One more question. Using Win98se can I render a project larger than 2GB using MS Pro 6.0? The documentation seems to say yes but the dialog box upon rendering show avaibable disk space plus space used being always equal to about 2GB, thus leading me to believe max rendered project is 2GB. I'll guess I'll have to try and output a large project to see.

Thanks again for all the help.
              - Mark

Comment

1. why do the rough cuts with VirtualDUB? You can trim them right in MSPro6 without the risk of VirtualDUB mucking things up, which it can do at times.

Also, if you plan on the MPEG-2 going to the vidout it should not be delaced.

2. Have you disabled OpenDML in the ulead32.ini file to make cutlist work without the rendering error? If so this will limit you to 2 gigs.

A better way to handle the cutlist driver issue is load ulead32.ini into Notepad and put a ";" before the [PLAYBACK] entry that references MCLPlugin.dll. If you use this method you don't need to disable OpenDML and can then save 4 gig files.

Using OpenDML to its full potential requires either NT4 or Win2K and the NTFS filesystem.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 04 December 2000).]

Comment

I am having exactly the same problem outputting Huffy, but I am using MS Pro 5.2. Dr. Mordid, you talk about creating a template. I did this, but maybe I'm not using the right settings. Any clues re template setup would be appreciated. For now, I've put Huffy aside and capture MJPEG thru Vitual Dub. When I update to faster processer, I'd like to use Huffy, if I can work out the output issue.

Comment

How fast a CPU are you using? Full frame captures throgh my Marvels takes about 600mhz.

Also, if memory serves me right VirtualDUB can put a segment into it's *.AVI files that a few other programs cannot interpert properly (SegM?). I'm not sure if this segment is in all the *.avi's or just if the use of segmented *.avi is selected.

AVI_IO ran into this problem a while back when Markus made it compatable with this VirtualDUB feature and it made TMPGEnc go whacky. If AVI_IO files with this segment could screw up TMPGEnc when why not VirtualDUB itself?

That said, when editing in MSPro6 I set up a profile using full frames;

HuffYUV ver. 2.1.1 (compression set to predict left, fastest)

AVI_IO ver. D 03.03 (this version fixes the SegM issue with TMPGEnc)

704x480 drop frame @29.970 fps
                    Field order B
                    6 overlay tracks
                    Microsoft AVI files
                    Interleave audio every 1 frame
                    PCM audio @ 44.1khz, 16 bit stereo
                    Video filters applied
                    Color filter applied

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 04 December 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the template settings. Current CPU is PIII 500. With recent bios upgrade motherboard will support 850. I know I can't get full frame Huffy now -- I've tried and it's just a little outside my range. Didn't realize any problem with Virtual Dub. Captures with Pic Video work fine. Not as familiar with avi-io but will test to see if it solves the static playback issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X