Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word Document Layout view problem

hi guys,
    I don't know what change I've made to my Word settings but now it is a bit annoying.
    Now whenever I use Print Layout View, the Prompt appears at near the top edge of the document. So first line of text will appear right there. See pic below. Normally it should appear 4 to 5 lines from the top. Printed document has no problem though. I thought removing Office 2003 and reinstalling it would fix. It does not.

How can I fix this?

MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    1024 MB PC3200 RAM
    WD 160 GB HDD
    2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
    ATI 9500 64 Videocard
    Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
    Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Could it be a 0" default top margin? In that case, go to page setup, set the margin to 1" and press the default button.

Comment

Place your cursor between the top of the page and the ruler. Your cursor will change to two arrows facing away from eachother. Click the primary mouse button, problem solved.

Dave

I was going to show you with a picture but the cursor didn't show up in the pic, not sure why.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Windows doesn't capture the cursor when taking screenshots - you'd have to use special software for that (IrfanView does the job)

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

How simple !
          Thanks Helevitia.
          MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
          AMD Athlon 64 3200
          1024 MB PC3200 RAM
          WD 160 GB HDD
          2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
          ATI 9500 64 Videocard
          Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
          Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
          Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Originally posted by az
            Windows doesn't capture the cursor when taking screenshots - you'd have to use special software for that (IrfanView does the job)

AZ
            IrfanView seems to be a pretty kick ass program. And it's free! BTW, I haven't forgotten about the DJ thread, I am still digesting the info and I haven't had a chance to sit down with my son again and play around iwth it. I'll respond soon.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by SuRGV
              How simple !
              Thanks Helevitia.
              NP. I actually ran into this problem 2 weeks ago and after 2 days of on and off fooling around, I figured it out I've been working on ONE word doc for a month and I learned way more about word than I ever wanted to know.

Comment

Working...
              X