Help with G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with G200

Just brought a matrox G200 card Sticker on the card says G2+/QUADP/CPQ; CPQ assy. No. 159511-001; Matrox 908-04 Rev. 04. I want to install it on my recently acquired dell dimension 4600. Questions I have are do I need to take out the already installed ATI Graphics card in the AGP slot, or both can work with harmony one this is installed in the pci slot.

I will be downloading the driver (2kxp_591008.exe) from the matrox site (http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...kxp_591008.cfm). After the download the drivers, do I have to adjust the monitors such that all the screen resolutions are the same.
    Any past experiences would be helpfull.

Tks alot

They should work together.
    Thats a G200 MMS (multi-monitor system) Quad display card, Compaq OEM. You may need to use drivers from Compaq, if the Matrox drivers don't recognise it.

And welcome to MURC
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

In general, the Matrox drivers work fine in Compaqs.

Comment

I downloaded the driver for this card (2kxp_591008.exe). Now I am confused in that there is nothing from the installed driver that is asking me to configure something. I connected a regular vga monitor to one of the cables from the card and the monitor is blank. There is no activity. Tks for the previous replies. Any further advise would be appreciated.

Comment

Got the following email responce from matrox "Hi, First with the DELL Dimension 4600 you need to make sure you have BIOS
          A03--dated 8/22/03 or newer, if you want a PCI video card to work properly in this system.

Also if you keep the ATI card in the system and the G200 is not the primary
          display adapter, the Matrox powerdesk utility will not be available which
          means no extra features. to install the G200 as secondary display adapter, when the Windows new
          hardware wizard detects the G200 and prompts you for new drivers you need to browse to the extracted 5.91.008 folder and this 4 times.

Also monitors need to be connected and powered on during the installation.

Regards,"

Just for info for people trying to resolve this isuue. Will be working on this issue this week.

Comment

Working...
          X