IE Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE Problems

a while back i started having problems with inter net explorer...

evrey time i start it up it does not show up in my task bar. i have to minimise and alt tab to it so that it shows up again.... it did not bother me too mutch and i was about to do a system wipe and clean re-install ... when i did the problem did not go away.... yesterday i got a virus alert fom norton

Source: VerifierBug.class
    Description: The compressed file VerifierBug.class within C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OXAB0LY3\archivem[1].jar is infected with the Trojan.ByteVerify virus.
    Click for more information about this virus : Trojan.ByteVerify

and again

Source: Dummy.class
    Description: The compressed file Dummy.class within C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OXAB0LY3\archivem[1].jar is infected with the Trojan.ByteVerify virus.

and again

Source: BlackBox.class
    Description: The compressed file BlackBox.class within C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OXAB0LY3\archivem[1].jar is infected with the Trojan.ByteVerify virus.

and again

Source: Beyond.class
    Description: The compressed file Beyond.class within C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OXAB0LY3\archivem[1].jar is infected with the Trojan.StartPage virus.
    Click for more information about this virus : Trojan.StartPage

and again

Source: C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XI7C1MB\box[1].gif
    Description: The file C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XI7C1MB\box[1].gif is infected with the Downloader.Trojan virus.
    Click for more information about this virus : Downloader.Trojan

and again

Source: C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP\MSUPDATER.EXE
    Click for more information about this virus : Downloader.Trojan

and again

Source: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
    Click for more information about this virus : Download.Trojan

and again

Source: C:\Documents and Settings\SpiralDragon\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8XI7C1MB\a[1].css
    Click for more information about this virus : Download.Trojan

cronology starts from botom up

now every time i open a second IE window it crashes with the folowing report

?????

well i was just trying to recreat it and the problem seams gone?!?!?

forgot which DLL file was craching winshow or somthing like that...

any sugestions

the first problem is still there and i think it has to do with the g550 dual monitor set up but i am not sure...
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

ok IE Crashing problem not gone.... here is the error info

AppName: iexplore.exe appVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: winshow.dll modVer: 1.0.0.8 offset: 00002156

so .... any idea as how i can fix this.....
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

|   
      V   AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Try reinstalling IE.

Originally posted by az
        |   
        V   AZ

Comment

I feel for ya, I had IE go bonkers on me yesterday. Clicking on links that open in a new window, pop-up's (after I removed Google tool-bar to check if it was the problem,) or right clicking a link and selecting "Open in a new window" didn't work, the IE window would just blink. Also, the find function in IE stopped working too. Tried repairing IE, that failed with an error referencing the oleaut32.dll file. Tried reinstalling IE, same error. Ended up having to restore the file from my Win98 "CD" (I keep the contents of my real CD in a folder on my second HD) to fix the problem. I had uninstalled several different pieces of software earlier that day, I think one of 'em must have uninstalled something it shouldn't have.

Comment

ouch I have had 2 different clients get hit with toolbar/searchbar installs that hosed IE when removed

reinstalls and upgrading IE did not repair the issues

removing networking components did not resolve it either

both ended up doing master disk/reinstalls to get networking up again

i feel for ya as i lost my whole weekend fixing these PCs
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

It wasn't the Google toolbar that did it to me, I has just removed it to troubleshoot the problem initally.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                Try reinstalling IE.

Comment

Trojan.ByteVerify

Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.

My dad had the same virus yesterday, but only some jar files in his "Temporary Internet Files" folder where infected. Luckely no other files .
                  Scan you computer thoroughly and try to fix the infected files, if to many files are infected just reinstall windows this could be the easiest solution.
                  Last edited by KeiFront; 4 November 2003, 02:48.
                  Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                  Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                  Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

i did all of the above... no change....

Comment

Working...
                    X