Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The post office just got my drivers license suspended.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The post office just got my drivers license suspended.

3 months ago I made the stupid mistake of driving with an expired insurance policy and got pulled over for no particular reason while taking my brother to work on a sunday morning. 2 months ago I went to city court and got the fine amount, $360 after court fees, which is normal for no-insurance convictions. I had a new policy started 4 days after I got the ticket, so everything was cool, but as it turned out I was horribly wrong. Sometime during the last two months it turned out that when the person that lives in the apartment next door moved out, the post office screwed up and listed OUR address as no longer occupied! We began to wonder why we weren't getting any junk mail, and when the electric company told us the first bill had been returned when we called to have then send another we discovered the problem. Last Friday, Oct 31 I get a letter in the mail saying my LICENSE IS SUSPENDED due to the insurance company not providing proper proof of liability to the state. I didn't get the letter until late that evening so I couldn't do anything about it. A few minutes ago I called the state, and they said they had sent a letter out a month ago requesting that I have the insurance company send them an SR-22 to verifiy but the post office returned it, thus preventing me from ever finding out that there was anything to do past just paying the fine. Now it's gonna take the insurance company 3-5 days before they can even fax it to the state.

Damn post office.

Could be worse they could be on strike and then it would take weeks to sort out.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ahh just reminded me again it's time for me to shop around again. I wonder how much it's gone up this year.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sue them.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
          Sue them.
          Well, he do live in the right country for that
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Could have sworn JPI's location says "USA".

J1NG

Comment

It's just so frustrating... and the worst thing is it goes on my driving record that I've had my license suspended, which might cause the insurance company to drop me. It's nice how seriously the post office takes their work, especially when they're capable of causing people so much trouble when they make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                It's just so frustrating... and the worst thing is it goes on my driving record that I've had my license suspended, which might cause the insurance company to drop me. It's nice how seriously the post office takes their work, especially when they're capable of causing people so much trouble when they make mistakes.
                Sorry about the cynicism, but what were you expecting ?
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

What are you saying, that I shouldn't be suprised by the post office messing up like that? I don't know what country you live in, but here in the US the post office is... err... you're right, it's not all that surprising actually.

Comment

You're not alone.
                    Almost the same thing happened to me a couple years ago.
                    Pulled over, expired insurance.
                    Got insurance, went to court, showed the judge proof of insurance, paid my fine, went on my happy way.
                    A year goes by, and I get pulled over. Cop tells me I'm driving on a suspended licence.
                    "HUH?!?!?!" I say.
                    Cop gives me a ticket for speeding and driving on suspended licence (though I did have valid proof of insurance). Fortunatly, I had my kids with me, so the trooper didn't haul me in, and let me drive home.
                    So, I contact drivers licence dorks, they say they sent me a letter months ago telling me I need an SR-22.
                    I never got that letter.
                    They never sent any follow-up letter.
                    My licence was revoked for 12 months for driving on a suspended licence.
                    I went through thousands of dollars, and two lawyers to try to straighten it out, to no avail. Ended up having to wait the full year.
                    Luckily, my friends and boss where all very helpful. Friends would take my kids to school for me, take me shopping, etc., boss would tote me back and forth to work. Had I gotten caught driving again before I got the licence back, it would have been maditory jail time.

So, no....don't be surprised that the post office screwed up, and don't expect the licence system to show any leaway.

At least you didn't get caught driving like I did, and you should be on the road again in short order....
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The postal workers around here are almost as bad as the registry of motor vehicals workers who do drivers licenses and stuff... you get the idea *roll*

Comment

Thanks Kruzin, that does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one who's been though this.

Comment

That's a problem with government entities like that, in that there is no real way to hold them accountable for f***ing up. And it's not like you have much of an option to go somewhere else, they tend to hold a basic monopoly on what they do. Which I thought was againist the law.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I've never been a big fan of the US post office because of their strange pseudo-government status: not quite a private business, but not a full blown government organization either.

Comment

There's always 60 Minutes.. call them.

Comment

Working...
                              X