XGI first test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGI first test

The XGI-based cards are tested against both ATI and nVidia cards; performance appears to be between the high-end and mainstream cards.

Jörg

PS: Whoops, this should have been posted in General hardware....
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Aaahhh, Belgians...

JK VJ
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I will not justify that with an answer...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

well, not that bad
        Lets see what driver optimizing can do.
        (or is it nviditizing? the art of cheating with drivers ? )
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

If it's inexpensive, then it should sell pretty good.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

inexpensive and STABLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
              inexpensive and STABLE.
              It should be (assumption), otherwise why even try? Let's hope it is.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

They state in the beginning of the article that the V8 duo boards with 256 Mb DDR2 will cost around 400 EUR... Not bad, but I think that most of the market will still buy ATI or nVidia for that amount of money.
                Single V8 or dual V5 could be nice contenders for Radeon 9600 and GeFarse FX5700... Price and performance wise...

Comment

look at all the caps and 2 power connectors on that huge PCB.

my god, Voodoo 5 6000 2.0?

Comment

no, beta-board.

mfg
                    wulfman
                    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                    "Lobsters?"
                    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Final board should use only one power connector... At least these guys say so...

Comment

though it takes two molex inputs, it still leaves next PCI slot available.

in any case, looks good for XGi's plans... (to be market leader in 2007)

it looks like to be pretty good entry for newcomer. some Netherlandic online store listed price 429 Euros while 9800XT costs 569 Euros in same store. (found this from VolariGamers.com)

Anyways, you really can't get new company on top in one cyclem, but XGI could not got much better start than this.

and oh, besides... that dual chip board looks pretty much what I

dreamed another non-released-unannounced-born-in-dead-card look like...
                        "Dippadai"

Comment

and oh, besides... that dual chip board looks pretty much what I

dreamed another non-released-unannounced-born-in-dead-card look like...

Comment

Pfft, DeltaChrome F1Pole will totally destroy that pile. The embossed rhinos will crush Volari into bits.

Comment

I want my Kyro III

Comment

Working...
                              X