Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia TV Tuner Recommendations!!!

Hi,

What type of TV tuner card are you guys using with your Parhelia? I want something that works on both heads, and slides from one monitor to another without crashing!!! Previously I was using a G400MAX and a RRG which ran flawlessly! But then I got the urge to record, and Matrox disabled the hardware MPEG chip on w2k/XP (THANKS!!!). So now I was looking at the MSI TV @nywhere MASTER, which uses a Conexant CX23881 10bit decoding chip and silicon tuner. I have heard that the tuner has difficulty with week reception, so it's bad for OTA stuff, but I will be using cable. I was mainly concerned with how it interacts with my new Parhelia. Also, how is DScaler? Does it work with Parhelia on both heads (which both have a hardware overlay, as opposed to my G400MAX)? Does DScaler work with the Conexant CX23881/883 chipset? Otherwise I will probably use WinDVR. I read that the MSI Master also supports MPEG4 recording, how is that? All opinoins are appreciated!

-V-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

well, since no one responded !!!! I got a WinTV PVR-250. It's pretty descent, and records well. Although when watching TV, I can't tell that much of a difference between the Matrox RRG Zoran TV Tuner. Any thoughts?
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

TV is braodcast at a low, interlaced resolution. PC hardware has advanced much faster than TV has. The PC hardware we had years ago was capable of displaying TV just fine. Newer PC hardware cannot improve the res that TV has been broadcast at for decades....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X