Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling BX Chipset

Hi,

This question is probably two years out of date, but I have an ASUS P2B-DS motherboard, which I have overclocked to a 133MHZ FSB. I want to replace the heatsink on the BX chip with something bigger - any recommendations ? The BX chipset is meant to run @ 100MHZ, but I have mine running stable @ 133MHZ with Dual 1.4GHZ Tualatins and 1 GIG of ram.

Thanks,

-V-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

I think that if you can dig up any old 486 HS/fan you should be fine.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I used a tennmax lasagna type A on my old p3b-f

Comment

Do you know where I can find a Tenmax Lasagna Type A cooler?
        ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Comment

Originally posted by X-Caliber
          Do you know where I can find a Tenmax Lasagna Type A cooler?
          just look at the bottom of the page I've linked to order.
          not the cheapest of solutions mind you!

Comment

Thanks! btw, did you have to make any modifications to attach it to your P3B-F?

"you need to modify (elongate) one of the holes for the retention push pins. The hole should be elongated about 2mm "inwards". "

If $20 = more stabililty, I think it's worth it! Is the fan quiet?

Comment

no modification was required but I used 2 screws & nuts, one for each hole in the m/board plus the springs from the greenie heatsink to hold down the lasagna under slight pressure.
              I also substituted arctic silver for the thermal pad which I peeled off.
              the fan is very quiet
              if you want, I'll try to find the board in my attic & post a pic!
              Last edited by ayoub_ibrahim; 3 November 2003, 04:33.

Comment

cool, can you do that!

Comment

Working...
                X