New PowerVR Drivers & Demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PowerVR Drivers & Demos

It's been a long time, but PowerVR have regurgitated some new Drivers for its hungry offspring - Kyro Graphics card, bringing them up to version 2.1 (Build 2.01.21.0007. No word on what's new, though they can be found here:

- PowerVR Series3 (KYRO/KYRO II) (Windows XP) v 2.1
    - PowerVR Series3 (KYRO/KYRO II) (Windows 2000) v 2.1
    - PowerVR Series3 (KYRO/KYRO II) (Windows 9X/ME) v 2.1

More interesting is that they've posted DirectX 9 - Pixel & Vertex Shader 3.0 supporting demos. An indication their new Graphics card is almost ready?
    Technology News and Analysis for Power Users, Enthusiasts, IT Pros, and PC Gamers.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Hey, maybe Matrox will use that chip to make a new gaming card? Oh the other hand, look what happened last time they used a PowerVR GPU...

Comment

Yay, new video drivers for my dad's computer!
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
        Hey, maybe Matrox will use that chip to make a new gaming card? Oh the other hand, look what happened last time they used a PowerVR GPU...
        The m3D must have been one of the bigest fiascos for Matrox... But I don't think we can call it a GPU...

Comment

And don't forget about the Linux drivers. They have also been updated to version 2.1.
          Live long and prosper!

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
            The m3D must have been one of the bigest fiascos for Matrox... But I don't think we can call it a GPU...
            Well, as they NEWER released any drivers for it
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

PowerVR

Originally posted by Technoid
              Well, as they NEWER released any drivers for it
              I used a m3D together with my old Matrox Millennium. As far as I can remember I always used the refferance drivers from PowerVR, I also remeber that I was satisfied with the PowerVR card, only used to for like six mounths, then I changed to two Voodoo2 card in SLI

Comment

wasen't much referens drivers either
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                  wasen't much referens drivers either
                  I think it was two or three releases while I had the card

Comment

Working...
                  X