Let the battle commence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the battle commence

Okay I've decided the problem lies with the cpu. I've bought this from Scan.co.uk so I'll probably have to get the credit card and small claims involved before I get an rma for it. I've still got some testing but I might as well start the procedure.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

TP was this an oem or retail cpu?

Comment

It came without a heatsink which I think is Oem
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
        It came without a heatsink which I think is Oem
        yeah that right!
        wonder what the oem time warranty is from scan. they'll probably tell you that it was 1 month.

Comment

Here it's generally one year for tray/OEM and three years for boxed/retail.

Comment

I doubt very much that it's one month. Besides the web site doesn't state whether it's retail or not on that product. Neither does it on the invoice.
            Just checked the Emailed invoice that doesn't say anything about Oem or retail either.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

if you want a retail warranty, you'll have to find an AMD fan. If you don't send the cpu+original amd fan, then there's no retail warranty for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                if you want a retail warranty, you'll have to find an AMD fan. If you don't send the cpu+original amd fan, then there's no retail warranty for you.
                hehe, he's using a p4 though!

Comment

ROFL
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Surprisingly I got an RMA striaght away.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

on the subject of warranties, i think that in the UK and possibly this is european law, if you buy a new product it must by law be covered by the manufacturer for 1 year from the date of purchase, this applies to all items sold as "new". there is also an ambiguous law which covers "unreasonable failure" of goods up to 5 or 7 years old pending on the type of good, if it fails in this case and you can prove that it should have lasted longer you are entitled to compensation for the estimated value of whoever long the good should have lasted beyond failure. looked that up when a dyson went tits up, its all available online if anyone is remotely interested, just do a search on google.co.uk.
                      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim
                        hehe, he's using a p4 though!
                        doh!

Comment

@borat: ther's a EU directive that stipulates that _retail_ products must be covered by a 2yr warranty. Obviously OEM is not covered.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                            Surprisingly I got an RMA striaght away.
                            wonder if they would consider giving you an 800fsb p4 as replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                              @borat: ther's a EU directive that stipulates that _retail_ products must be covered by a 2yr warranty. Obviously OEM is not covered.
                              Thats 3! And that does not btw cover batteries etc. etc.!
                              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
                              X