Optical CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optical CPU?

ok... i am sure this has been posted befor but am not going to bother looking for it as my set of Qs are somewhat difrent....

so what does this mean... how does it compare with say a P4 3.2GHz ... how meny ops can a P4 3.2 ghz do ... if i understand it corectly the p4 can do 2 ops percycle so thats what 6.4 gigaops/sec.... any one care to shed a light (no pun intended)
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Re: Optical CPU?

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
    [B]ok... i am sure this has been posted befor but am not going to bother looking for it as my set of Qs are somewhat difrent....
    For what it is worth:

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

lol thanx
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

ok the other thread dosent answer my question ... how meny ops can a P4 3.2ghz do in one second?

Comment

Awesome. 'bout goddamn time. Maybe we won't have to worry about dissapating heat so much in the future.

Comment

don't worry they'll find a way to warm up your case with these cpus in no time

Comment

k.... i know it is impressive and all.....but can any one please answer my question.....

Comment

You can't compare: it's a DSP, not a general purpose CPU. It might be extremely fast at DAE but would totally suck at games (for ex.). In short, you can't use it in your PC as such. It would require companion chips for the tasks it can't perform in a reasonably fast manner.

Comment

Working...
                X